Illuminated Switch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevo2569

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I bought two of these: SPST16A/125VAC Illuminated On/Off Rocker Switch - RadioShack.com
After several hours of searching, here, on Google and radioshack, I am unable to find an answer. I plan to use these for my RIMS tube and pump. The wiring diagram is confusing. It looks to be switching the neutral and there is no ground. I am suspicious that it needs a resistor. So can someone please help me wire these in??

image-2719280032.jpg

Hey Guys,
I bought two of these: SPST16A/125VAC Illuminated On/Off Rocker Switch - RadioShack.com
After several hours of searching, here, on Google and radioshack, I am unable to find an answer. I plan to use these for my RIMS tube and pump. The wiring diagram is confusing. It looks to be switching the neutral and there is no ground. I am suspicious that it needs a resistor. So can someone please help me wire these in??

Pin 2 should be your hot 110v, pin 4 should be neutral. Pin 1 is the switched 110v that goes to the pump/element. No resistor needed, the "load" is the pump/element.

Yup. You can parallel the the neutral however is easiest to wire. Only reason neutral is going to the switch is for the lighting.

Ahhh. I was trying to figure out what PIN 4 was for. (The Lights!!) Got it. Thanks alot. Can't imagine what PIN 3 is for though.

Ahhh. I was trying to figure out what PIN 4 was for. (The Lights!!) Got it. Thanks alot. Can't imagine what PIN 3 is for though.

No idea. Put a meter to it and find out. Might be to nothing since the same housing could be used for a couple of different switches.

Yeah probably. Gonna replace the industrial type switches tonight, since I accidentally hit one with a hose transferring and dry fired/burned out my element. These will be much less easy to trigger and the green/red LEDs will be cool too. Thanks again.

Back