carbonation problems?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bopper

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the process of botteling my fat tire clone.......i left it in the secondary for about 3 weeks...maybe a few days longer than that. Will I have any problems with carbonation??? If so, is there anything i should add to the beer?

Thanks

Bopper359 said:
Hi,

I am in the process of botteling my fat tire clone.......i left it in the secondary for about 3 weeks...maybe a few days longer than that. Will I have any problems with carbonation??? If so, is there anything i should add to the beer?

Thanks

you won't have any issues with carbonation. If you are really worried about it, you could intentionally suck up a bit of trub/yeast at the start of your rack into the bottling bucket, but that's just to calm you down more than anything. :)

Nah the last batch I left in the Carboy for almost 3 months and I had great carbonation, so I wouldn't worry about it??

IGOR

Bopper359 said:
I am in the process of botteling my fat tire clone.......i left it in the secondary for about 3 weeks...maybe a few days longer than that. Will I have any problems with carbonation???

I just finished off my last bottle of my Fat Tire Clone that had been left in the secondary for three weeks exactly. I had no problem with the carbonation. If I remember correctly, they were pretty much fully carbed at two weeks.

Excellent. Thanks!

I think this may be the best beer I've made. I drank some at botteling. It was so good I could have kept drinking it flat. Imagine how good this is going to be after conditioning :tank:

Bopper, could you post the recipe for your fat tire clone? I made one myself and it was good, but it didn't quite have the biscuity, toasty flavor that fat tire has. So I'm on the lookout for a good recipe. Also, let us know how it is after it's done conditioning.

Back