Maryland Fall Brew Day 2008 - 10/11/2008

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops! lol. Sorry. Haven't changed my profile in a while it seems. I live in Brandywine now. So who wants to help?

I will need help getting my first AG batches down. If there is a another brewday scheduled i will definitely have to come to that. I would just like to get these batches done (at least the belgian noel so it can age) done in the next couple weeks.

I can help you out soon if you'd like, I'm a good brew day *****, just don't make me kick the keg of Apfelwien :D

I can help you out soon if you'd like, I'm a good brew day *****, just don't make me kick the keg of Apfelwien :D

Cool sounds good. I have read a lot on doing AG and it doesn't seem that bad. I would just rather have someone experienced help me at least the first time to make sure i understand what's going on.

i did get the crickets out. i soaked the bottles over night & put everything in secondary last night 10/21. so did my brother I'm going to have him clean it & run up ur carboy when i have a chance probally next week

I know this is kinda off topic and i'm sorry for that but this is kinda a regional topic. Does anyone know where i can get bottle caps in MD? Is there a LHBS around? Specifically in the DC metro area? I just got a set of bottles to bottle my bro's hefeweizen this weekend and realized i didn't get any caps with the kit. Anyone know where i can get some without having to order and pay for shipping and wait for them to get here? Thanks!

I know this is kinda off topic and i'm sorry for that but this is kinda a regional topic. Does anyone know where i can get bottle caps in MD? Is there a LHBS around? Specifically in the DC metro area? I just got a set of bottles to bottle my bro's hefeweizen this weekend and realized i didn't get any caps with the kit. Anyone know where i can get some without having to order and pay for shipping and wait for them to get here? Thanks!

I am heading down to my parents' house this weekend (St. Mary's county), and if I have enough at home, I can drop off a pack for you.

Edit: PM me your address, and if I've got a full batches' worth, I will drop them off on my way through Brandywine.

there is one in anapolis one in mccelan VA one in columbia MD one in fredneck md.... dunnoabout your direction tho.....that being said Austins shipping is so cheap its cheaper than gas....

Well, my parents live in mt. airy near frederick so i could probably just have them stop by there this weekend and get some. What's the name of it?

mullimat - I have a whole extra bag of caps if you want them and don't want to wait for your parents to bring them to you. Just let me know. I will be going through Brandywine tomorrow around 4:45 PM.

So claphamsa and data came down and we brewed an Irish Red (recipe in database) and a pub bitter. Good times. We racked one of the porter's directly to keg and another to secondary. Unfortunately we don't have room to put the keg in the fridge yet, so we gotta do some work before we can get it on tap. That one will not last until next brewday. :p

On a side note - my roommate did what 98EXL could NOT do - and that was "kick the keg" of Apfelwein. Only 4 more glasses would have done it man...

Oh, that the original reson for this post was to find out how the chocolate one is doing? :)

Thanks guys for the help and thanks jmulligan. Sorry about the late response. I got a bag of caps (and actually ended up finding caps i had hidden away as well) so i got the beer bottled. Made my first AG batch as well. Had a hard time with all the calculations because it was the first time and my sources were saying different things but i got it done. We will see how it turns out!

So claphamsa and data came down and we brewed an Irish Red (recipe in database) and a pub bitter. Good times. We racked one of the porter's directly to keg and another to secondary. Unfortunately we don't have room to put the keg in the fridge yet, so we gotta do some work before we can get it on tap. That one will not last until next brewday. :p

On a side note - my roommate did what 98EXL could NOT do - and that was "kick the keg" of Apfelwein. Only 4 more glasses would have done it man...

Oh, that the original reson for this post was to find out how the chocolate one is doing? :)

yeah yeah yeah, I'm weak sauce, but at least there was only 4 left for him

Back