Science

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cch0830

Reaction score
Brewed my first batch a couple of weeks ago. Still waiting to see the results. The brewing process seemed very simple but after reading through Palmers book and seeing all the science behind it all, I am reevaluating everything I did.

Don't mind if I do!

It can be as simple or as involved and scientific as you would like to make it, some would even say it is an artform, My belief is that's why brewing is so popular.

There's a lot of science behind grilling a steak - temperatures, flame height, corn-fed vs. grain, etc etc etc. But you can grill a great steak without knowing any of that. If you like the science, go for it. If you just want great beer, you can have that too. Enjoy!

Up until a couple hundred years ago it was pure art considering the science behind beer didn't exist until the 1800's.

I have always been amazed at how the brewing of beer has evolved into what we now know as modern beer with nothing but trial and error!

Trial and error still seems to be the way beer keeps evolving though, even with a mountain of science behind it!

Brewing is awesome! Drinking is awesomer!!

Latest posts

Back