Anyone try these kits from NorthernBrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxdcmast

Reaction score
I ordered these 3 kits below yesterday from northern brewer they seemed like a decent spread. I am trying to try picking different types of beers when I brew so I can begin to experience all the differences between the beers.

Qty 1 Sweet Stout Extract Kit
Qty 1 Scottish Wee Heavy Extract Kit
Qty 1 Honey Weizen Extract Kit

Has anyone ever tried any of these beers? If so what were your impressions

I've done the sweet stout, and well it didn't turn out so good. It tasted like molasses. I actually had to mix it with a different beer to be able to drink it. I go through northern brewer alot and don't know if that beer just got infected, or if it was just a bad batch. I still love NB and would always recommend them, but that beer just didn't turn out that good for me, let me know if you have better luck with it.

:mug:+1 for the wee heavy i love mine save few and let age they get better with age i did 4weeks in primary 2 1/2months secondary and at least 4 weeks in the bottle some of mine are just shy of a year old now and it one of my fav hope you like it:mug:

Back