Hi from Kansas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piperdown

Reaction score
Been brewing on and off since '95. Was on a 6 year hiatus and pulled my equipment out of storage boxes this summer (cleaning the basement and garage!).
Partial mash for many years and slowly switching to all grain.

I found this group when looking for recipes.

1 ABA bottled. 1 honey wheat kegged. 1 pumpkin ale in secondary. Abbey, Octoberfest and ESB planned. :tank:

Welcome to HBT! Is your name derived from So I Married An Axe Murderer?

Possibly. I've never seen the movie. I slipped in a puddle (beer, wouldn't you know) and went down on my rear. Guys in the group started saying piper down, piper down! Seemed like an easy handle to remember. :D

Probably helps to round out the story by saying that I play the bagpipes and was playing with a pipe band on a St. Patrick's Day over in Topeka. I don't recall if it was '99 or '00. Free beer when you play gigs in bars on St. Paddy's day. :ban:

Welcome aboard!
I'm originaly from Arkansas City. I'm a piper too, i wonder just how many of us have both obsessions?

Welcome aboard!
I'm originaly from Arkansas City. I'm a piper too, i wonder just how many of us have both obsessions?

Not sure. Would be interesting to find out. Booze and piping seem to go hand in hand sometimes! :D

i used to live in Wichita for a couple years. Can't say that I miss it.

I've been down Wichita way a couple of times and can't say I blame you.

That being said....I grew up in ID and am not so sure I could handle Utah either. :)

I've been down Wichita way a couple of times and can't say I blame you.

That being said....I grew up in ID and am not so sure I could handle Utah either. :)

Yeah I hear you. As long as Mormons don't bother you too much, it's not bad.

Welcome aboard!

Count me in. I just wish I could figure out how to drink a beer and play the pipes at the same time. I saw a grade 2 piper from FDNY smoke while he was playing the pipes, but some how I don't think it is quite the same. But anyways... Welcome. :mug:

Welcome. I'm in the southeast corner (or armpit) as I like to call it of KS. I've heard there are other brewers in my area, but I've yet to spot one.

Back