'They' Suck and I Done With 'em

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I speak for many of us here when I ask, What the hell are you talking about?!?!?!?!?

Holy sh*t. I tried looking at the PDF of the whole story, but I don't have the 3 hours it would take to read it all. Petunia, do you have an abridged version? I feel your pain, but...that's a long freakin story.

rdwj said:
Oh, I see. Probably better to have it in the text and not the sig. And a brief into wouldn't hurt either.

Looks like it should have been a cut and dry case - guess not.
I agree some kind of foreunner to the rant would have been more appropriate but this story couldn't have a brief intro.:p
While it is an interesting read about horses, honesty, and a business transaction that went south....I went cross eyed after working my way thru the third page of the pdf file.

Sorry that had to happen to you. At least you won the case. Maybe it will keep someone else from going through what you did.

IMHO, anyone buying a horse (unless your into breeding and racing) would be better off just feeding the horse cash because they are a money pit. Or better yet, send the money to me and save yourself the time of shoveling horse poop. :D

You haven't seen problems unless you've owned rental property. Landlords NEVER win.

david_42 said:
You haven't seen problems unless you've owned rental property. Landlords NEVER win.
Yeah they do. The day they sell all their property!

My grandparents owned low-to-mid level properties all over Houston and rented them until the late 1970s. They sold them all, retired and never looked back!

Sorry, I was the only on the same page as me after a sleepless night fighting with myself over it. I should have clued ya'll in...

I always swore up and down that I'd never have a horse on the place, but enter my daughter. Who wanted one and then wanted me to ride with her and THEN wanted to try showing.

Curraaappp!

The biggest deal is that this woman sold me a crazy animal. She knew I didn't know jack and she needed to dump him. She lied about everything and hid other stuff from me so she could seal the deal. She makes herself out to be an expert and that is why I relied on her.

Well, after the sale he was still crazy and dangerous. Her real problem was that I found the previous owner and she told me everything. I truey believe that the seller is a raging psychopath with zero compunction or remorse.

The smallest version is the ebook, and that is even a long read.

Horses are the biggest waste of money on the earth, except that you can actually eat them. Unlike a boat or something... This nut job I just buried. Would not be guilty of passing along a dangerous animal so some kid down the line could be killed. I am taking all kinds of heat for putting him down and not giving him to a rescue. Four trainers had him, one for two years and nobody could fix him.

I don't know how many times I've just wished this was the wild, wild west. Then I could settle this 'once and for all'. :D

Sorry for the rant. Sorry for leaving you clueless. Like I said, I've been wrestling with this crap for over two years and last night I finally said to heck with it.

David-42 Rental Property: That goes along with owning a horse, actually it HAS to trump it. I would hate that like crazy!

Mutilated 1 That was my intention that someone could learn from it.

Evan! Watsamatta? You got ADD or something? :p No worries. It is a long involved bunch of crap. Maybe it'll make your life look like a piece of cake? LOL! At least you don't have the wife my husband does, I never back down from a good fight!

Jennifer

Sorry to hear about your struggles there, Petunia. Sounds like an absolute bear. I'm not clear, though, did your daughted get hurt because of the horse, or was it never really able to be ridden?

Nah, no ADD, I just don't have the time to read a 17-page story when all I really need is the general gist of it.

So, you actually killed the horse yourself? How'd you kill it?

This 'beginner safe trail horse' was very fond of doing immediate 180's and blasting off. Bucking. Jumping fences. Jerking the lead line out of your hand and running away. He broke a chain that was across his nose to control him. He reared up and crashed to the ground upsidedown. He would bust loose from his halter when cross tied and run away. Just a crazy sob.

Nope, he did not hurt us because we handled him rarely after we found out he was nuts. I had him killed so he would not hurt anyone. Most people on horse boards only see that 'poor horsey was killed' and freak out. Nobody can see that a horse is only livestock, and that human lives are more valuable. Also a bunch of crazy sob's.

Evan! The vet did him in all nice and calmly. But I can't tell you how many times I wanted him to die of lead poisoning.

Jennifer

Sounds like you did the right thing Petunia. I probably would have sold him to regain some of my investment, but I can't argue with your logic.

todd_k said:
IMHO, anyone buying a horse (unless your into breeding and racing) would be better off just feeding the horse cash because they are a money pit. Or better yet, send the money to me and save yourself the time of shoveling horse poop. :D

Sorta like buying a boat.
A hole in the water to throw money into.

Sincerely,
A marine service manager
:D

Petunia said:
I have reached total burn out. I spent two years trying to bring justice to bear in a situation in my life.

Got ripped off in a big way. Did the small claims court deal, and more. Now it seems I am a pariah. Even the friend who helped me is distancing herself.

Ho hum, no good deed goes unpunished. I was unable to effect any change for the better, I no longer believe my website will reach anyone to help them. Guess it is just time to turn my back and walk away from it all.

As a friendly aside, I have never seen more whack jobs than on horse forums. They must rate number one for lunatics.

Anyone else try to take up a cause and fight the good fight just to get burnt out and quit?

Jennifer

FYI, I gave your story a StumbleUpon Thumbs Up. Everyone else, give her a hand and do a thumbs up, or DIGG it or del.icio.us it.

Let's help her like we did to BayouClassicDepot.

LOL Cheesefood! You have to know how my devious mind works...

I was just playing with the idea of going over to Storm Front and letting those kids know about my troubles!

Oh well, it was good for a laugh. I'm not exactly pc.

Jennifer :D :p

But I can't tell you how many times I wanted him to die of lead poisoning.

That line right there tells me that YOU Petunia are insane! Or at the least, you are a cruel person! No animal OR human deserves that!

Guys, lets remember, there are two sides to every story. Don't jump on this bandwagon. From what I hear, only reason she won the case is this other lady's attorney didn't tell her OR any of her multiple witnesses when the hearing was. And from what I understand, these witnesses saw this horse at various times and he was completely sane.

This thread is closed.

Not taking sides, but at this point, all of this is heresay.

Let's remember that this is a beer forum and General Chit Chat is just that....Chit Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back