Lets start a tattoo thread!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
Hey all.

feeling a little anxious tonight, so i was gonna sip on a home brewed beverage to chill my nerves before bed. However, one of my kegs is all pure foam.
i force carbed two at the same time, released pressure and have both of them sitting at 15psi like i always have. they were fine last night and now one is just pure foam. so i switched taps and it's following just the keg. so that'll be a project for tomorrow, most likely just take the popits out and clean everything good and hope for the best!
so i went to the store and got a bomber of total domination. it'll do :)

url

thats getting done tomorrow across my heart, should be down toward my nipple, up to my collar bone, almost to the armpit and to the collarbone... should feel SCHNAZZY! lol but psyched!

this will be the second.. my first one is seen here. first one to guess it gets an internet point!

l_f73f7b065ec5b4309b4a2204d32a0ac7.jpg

Rivenen - PM me - who did your work? Just curious...attached shows some work I just had done today too. :)

ForumRunner_20120609_232745.jpg

Nice, I have my Scottish Family moto on my arm. Invictus Maneo. Also have the final shot of The Searchers on my other arm. Need another one soon.

one more just 'cuz the other one was all gooey looking lol, just outta the shower this mornin ... forgot how interesting the first shower is!

2012-06-10_06-13-11_737.jpg

Dawnhulio, PMing you
McBrewskie, that sounds rad! got a picture? we should start a tattoo thread lol

after my last post, figured this would be fun to try and see everyones tattoos.

here is my leg,

l_f73f7b065ec5b4309b4a2204d32a0ac7.jpg

got this one yesterday on my chest

2012-06-10_06-13-11_737.jpg

more to come when fundage allows!

I love a good tattoo thread... my coat of arms and my brewing tattoos! All done by Bobby at Cast Iron Tattoos in Orlando Florida.

CoatofArms.jpg

BrewingTattoos.jpg

Dude! I am so stoked that you drew some inspiration from me! I'm honored! Sweet idea too. Looks fantastic. Where did you get it done?

IMO just about the dumbest things you can do to your body.

1) scarification
2) piercings
3) tattoos

Really, I change out the pictures on the walls of my house when I get tired of them. Really hard to do with tattoos.

I can't deny the skill of artwork for "some" of these tattoos, but I would feel like a ****** with "most" of them. When it comes down to it, cool artwork on your body just isn't enough. It's gotta have a true meaningful purpose and not make you look like an a$$ when you're walking down the street at the same time.

I'm tattooless. But I'm not a hater as long as it has sentimental value, doesn't look goofy, and you don't go overboard, or are doing it to be cool, stand out, or rebel. You really have to put a lot of maturity in your decision.

Keep them coming. I have yet to find one I would get myself. To me, the act of getting a tattoo is not bad, but the choice of tattoo is usually bad. Trying to keep an open mind. I'm a chef, so I see awful tattoos and full sleeves that don't make sense on a daily basis.

Luckily it's in an area that doesn't sag much. Also part of the reason I got it where it is is so that it can be covered easily. My reason for the tattoo is two fold. One is a gift to myself for losing 80lbs. It's a reminder to me. The second reason is my passion for brewing.

I'm all for going against the norm and being individual. But I think the argument about tattoos on old people is that they just look silly. It's like a 90 year old woman with belly button and nipple rings. Or a 1970 Volkswagen Beetle with neon green paint, 20 inch rims, and a spoiler.

I'm all for going against the norm and being individual. But I think the argument about tattoos on old people is that they just look silly. It's like a 90 year old woman with belly button and nipple rings. Or a 1970 Volkswagen Beetle with neon green paint, 20 inch rims, and a spoiler.

$(KGrHqZ,!ogE-0zBOZHJBP7ol8F(6g~~60_1.JPG

:rockin:

Eh, well to me it's silly to say ' i won't get a tattoo because i might not like it 30 years from now.'

I'm also not a fan of people who feel the need to bring up 'what my tattoos will look when i get old.'

Personal preference, personal freedom. Tattoos, to me, can mean a lot or nothing at all; They're much more than ink on skin. They are a reminder of different times and events in my life.

I agree that you gotta live in the moment and experience life to it's fullest. But that doesn't mean that you need a skull and crossbones on your neck to reach that goal.

I agree that you gotta live in the moment and experience life to it's fullest. But that doesn't mean that you need a skull and crossbones on your neck to reach that goal.

agreed. I'm not saying there aren't things i dislike when it comes to tattoos.

1. Getting tattooed in a house
2. Most face tattoos
3. Picking tattoos off the wall
4. Getting tattooed to 'impress' or 'for status'

There's a lot of idiots out there, just covered in tattoos just for the sake of 'having tattoos'

One that comes to mind is 'Lil Wayne' dude looks like he's covered in the doodles I did in a school notebook in the 4th grade.

Yep......

What is that brand new tattoo going to look like when you are 80 and all the firm skin is all sagging and wrinkled????

Why the hell do you care? It's frankly none of your business so do yourself a favor and butt out. You're as bad as my Baptist neighbors who make it a point to stick their noses in the air and comment on the sins caused by alcohol when I'm brewing outside.

Frankly, we're all going to look like hell when when/if we get to 80. I don't even want to think about how low things are hang and sag. My ink is the least of my worries.

I'm contemplating a hope vine going up the outside of my right leg from the ankle to my upper calf. My wife told me last year, "No more tattoos until you get five 1st place ribbons in BJCP competitions". Silly woman. Two more to go...thanks HBT!

I have very little interest in getting tattoos at this point in my life, but I would love to have them when I'm old. That thought is actually pretty much the only thing pushing me in the direction of going out and getting some ink right now.

back on topic please, this is supposed to be a fun thread showing tattoos, if you want to naysay, start your own thread please :mug:

and to the naysayers, i blow you a raspberry.. from my very pierced oral cavity. ;)

fc25803e.jpg

Back