co2 leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowlife

Reaction score
Im new to kegging. I got used kegs a couple months ago. I designated one a root beer keg and made some root beer. I put it in my keezer and connected the gas to it. I had previously tested it to hold pressure for an extended period of time. My co2 tank was empty by the morning. The same co2 connect was used on a different keg with no problem. Basically it doesn't seat right (i think). When I connect the gas it pressurizes the tank but if you were to push ever so slightly on the connector you can hear gas escaping, yet it doesn't leak when nothing is connected to it. Do I need to buy new post plugs or would new o-rings make any difference. Is is this too much of a grey area to diagnose with these facts?

Hook everything up with a filled tank, then spray all your connections with soapy water. Wait for bubbles.

Always do this with every single hookup, make sure you spray around the keg lid / posts also. I didn't do this the first time I hooked up mine and had the same problem!

had the exact thing last week, you know there is a leak. So what I did:

1- remove the post
2- replace and lube both O rings
3- reseat and lube poppet
4- connect post back

leak at post and QD now gone

Back