Leaky sodastream dispenser?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daft

Reaction score
Has anyone found and diagnosed a co2 leak in their sodastream dispenser? I imagine seals wear out, but not sure how to diagnose.

Symptoms: a white puff comes out of the shell of the dispenser when injecting co2 into the bottle... before the buzzer/overfill valve releases, by the way. This is little help because the shell contains the whole tank and valves all the way to the bottle. It only rules out a failure of the seal right against the soda bottle.

Diagnosis: there is a new slight flaw in the rubber ring around the paintball bottle nipple... sort of like you pressed the side of a tiny hot needle against it. That smooshes against a brass adaptor valve, but it seems too small to account for so much puff. It's now inconvenient to obtain a replacement for trial and error purposes.

Can't really see how to disassemble the sodastream mechanism, and dunno how to obtain seals anyway. Would I have ruined them by repeatedly overtightening the gas bottle? Maybe I should replace dispenser during xmas sales, or maybe ignore it as an acceptable loss of cheap co2.

PS Sodastream has a new flavor syrup that is the first GOOD one I have ever tried... Black Cherry Cola (with natural sweetening - very addictive).

Back