Another noob from PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pava

Reaction score
Alright, I finally signed up . . . I have been lurking here for literally 6 months.

Here's the scoop, I have limited funds and limited time but have been banking up both for the last six months so that hopefully I can put together a nice beginner equipment package and find some time to actually do this brewing thing I seem to already be obsessed with (before I have even brewed so much as my first drop of beer). I am looking at a pretty crazy couple of months, but am shooting for my first brew session to be in June or early July. I have been working through Palmers book (some of the sections I have been through several times) and have been over nearly every post on this site (although I am sure I will ask some redundant questions). I am trying to gain as much 'book' knowledge as possible so that when the day finally comes I will be ready ( no doubt I will still be surprised by something . . . what fun would it be otherwise). Anyway, I will save all my questions (and yes even after all that reading I still have many) for actual posts in appropriate sections (hopefully). I just wanted to post here and say hello and this place rocks -- such a wealth of knowledge and plenty of good folks taking the time to share that knowledge. Looking forward to brewing soon and adding my experiences to the fray.

Well, crap!, dude, I live in Denver. Let me know when you're ready to get started and I'll walk you through it if you'd like. Welcome to HBT, anyway!:)

the PA crowd here is huge... welcome from Harrisburg, PA!

check out the brewing events forum, Evets is having a group-brewday in late May. Maybe you can pick up some pointers and try some HB's before you get started!

pava said:
Alright, I finally signed up . . . I have been lurking here for literally 6 months.

Here's the scoop, I have limited funds and limited time but have been banking up both for the last six months so that hopefully I can put together a nice beginner equipment package and find some time to actually do this brewing thing I seem to already be obsessed with (before I have even brewed so much as my first drop of beer). I am looking at a pretty crazy couple of months, but am shooting for my first brew session to be in June or early July. I have been working through Palmers book (some of the sections I have been through several times) and have been over nearly every post on this site (although I am sure I will ask some redundant questions). I am trying to gain as much 'book' knowledge as possible so that when the day finally comes I will be ready ( no doubt I will still be surprised by something . . . what fun would it be otherwise). Anyway, I will save all my questions (and yes even after all that reading I still have many) for actual posts in appropriate sections (hopefully). I just wanted to post here and say hello and this place rocks -- such a wealth of knowledge and plenty of good folks taking the time to share that knowledge. Looking forward to brewing soon and adding my experiences to the fray.
Welcome aboard, as you see a lot of us central pa brewers on here. You should try and make Evets brew day as it sounds like there should be a good turn out. It would be a good way to learn about brewing as you'll probably see several types of syetems and set ups.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. . .

Evets -- I saw the original post awhile back about the group brew and it definitely got my attention. I will probably not be able to make it that weekend (but I am still holding out a slim amount of hope). On top of other possible conflicts that weekend, my wife works Saturdays which makes me Mr. Mom on most/all saturdays. . .grandparents live close by so there may be some babysitting options if the other obstacles are cleared.

I would definitely love to come and at very least observe the entire process (and differences among different brewers -- definitely would be a great learning experience). I am not sure if I will have my equipment put together by then or not, although it is looking more likely that I will so if I can make it, it could be my first brew session, would love to share it with good HBT folk -- also would make it much easier to RDWHAHB :). Anyway, I will let you know if I can make it.

Back