Sorgham Whiskey Barrels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers77

Vendor
Reaction score
I'm getting some 5 gallon Sorgham Whiskey barres if anyone is interested. They have only been used once. They are $110+ shipping and will be ready for delivery next week. Pre order yours today!
Cheers,
John

do they come with a stand? trying to figure out how I would store this long term.

No stand you can make a simple one with 2x4's. If there is any more interest please let me know. Gallons I have you on the list.
Cheers,
John

How would you desribe the aroma and flavors these barrels impose on the beer as related to an American cereal whiskey? Definitely interested.

I'm not a big Whiskey drinker so the nuances may be lost on me. But to be hones I had some the other day and it reminded me of "regular" Whiskey but milder. Smells of vanilla maybe a bit nutty? Like I said I am no expert on Whiskey

Got my whiskey barrel yesterday! Looks amazing, basically brand new. The contents were even better... Probably poured about about 8oz of whiskey out of it that was mixed with some charred pieces of the barrel in it.

Can't wait to use it!

ForumRunner_20120125_105127.jpg

I might be up for taking one more. I originally wanted 2, but didn't want to deprive other brewers of the chance. If the last one isn't sold by Monday, I'll take it.

Sorry Ryan no stand, I'll get quotes out to you all tomorrow.

Anyone interested in 10 gallon Rum barrels ($150+ shipping)?

I'm interested in a 10 gallon barrel. Preferably whiskey, but rum is acceptable. Can you please quote shipping to 85032?

Could I get an idea on shipping to NW Ohio (43567)? I have some other stuff to order from you guys; are these in boxes where you could add some grain or hops? I may be looking at some kegging stuff from you as well.

John, you may want to let people know that the invoice email comes in a different name. I almost deleted it as spam but checked it since I was waiting to hear from you.

This was a long time coming. Oatmeal stout going into the whiskey barrel. I dumped out the remaining whiskey, took Sone shots of it with friends and dumped in a bottle of makers mark that sat in there for a few months. Half of the makers mark was evaporated when I dumped it back into the bottle. I also put in the guts and pieces of two vanilla beans as well. I hope this is as delicious as it sounds. Bourbon Barrel Vanilla Oatmeal Stout.

ForumRunner_20120403_084448.jpg

This was a long time coming. Oatmeal stout going into the whiskey barrel. I dumped out the remaining whiskey, took Sone shots of it with friends and dumped in a bottle of makers mark that sat in there for a few months. Half of the makers mark was evaporated when I dumped it back into the bottle. I also put in the guts and pieces of two vanilla beans as well. I hope this is as delicious as it sounds. Bourbon Barrel Vanilla Oatmeal Stout.

View attachment 55402
that sound awesome,want to swap a lime/grapefruit mead for one when its bottled?:mug:

Back