Hops Vacuum Sealing Video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airbalancer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just finished up my hops for the year and ended up with 3 pounds of cascade. Here's a video of the foodsaver in action. It's pretty impressive how much you can stuff in those suckers.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool video. Wow, that is a lot of hops. Can almost smell them from here.

Do you use a pound at a time in your brewing? I've never used a foodsaver - if you cut the top 1" of the bag off, and use 1/2 the hops can you re-seal the same bag?

yes, you can reseal the bag anywhere in the bag. The bags are generally cut from a long roll.

I've only used my foodsaver twice. I didn't think about pushing and shaping as it was sucking the air. Cool.

+1 on the shape, thinking the same thing.

Imagine packing a pillow case with 3 pounds of hops and sleeping?

Next purchase is a foodsaver or is it a trolling motor for the boat. I'm torn.

Thats sweet but I'm going to have to deal with one of the handheld foodsavers. Those big ones ain't cheap.

Thats sweet but I'm going to have to deal with one of the handheld foodsavers. Those big ones ain't cheap.

Always remember, Craig's List is your friend. I picked one up for $10.00.

People buy them or get them as gifts and end up not using them as much as they thought they would.

My craigs list is weak. I looked on there and people still wanted like 70 bucks for those things. I did get the handheld for 20 bucks and 12 gallon bags for 8. The cool thing is you can take some hops out, zip the bag up and suck the air back out. I don't need this enough to spend the money on the big set up.

Back