Should I be worried?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2Brew17

Reaction score
After I finished bottling my first batch this afternoon, one of the six-pack holders I was carrying full of beer gave out. Upon inspection, none of the bottles broke and the caps appear to be tight. Obviously it is possible that the glass is weakened from falling to the ground, but could anything else happen to the beer itself? Such as from being shaken up?

Thanks

The beer won't be hurt from the shaking but I'd put them in a 5 gal. bucket until they are done carbing. If one of the bottles is cracked the pressure may shatter it and it will be alot easier to clean up.

The beer won't be hurt from the shaking but I'd put them in a 5 gal. bucket until they are done carbing. If one of the bottles is cracked the pressure may shatter it and it will be alot easier to clean up.

First thing I did was put them in a rubbermaid container with a blanket over it...will probably add an inverted rubbermaid container over the top when I get home.

but could anything else happen to the beer itself? Such as from being shaken up?

actually shaking is a good thing at this point. it gets the yeast moving around in the beer and helps with the carbonation. as long as you didn't over carb the bottles will hold.

Back