HBT App of TapaTalk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do You prefer?

• HBT App

• Tapatalk

Results are only viewable after voting.

cooldood

Reaction score
Not trying to create any problems here but it seems to me it would be easier to use Tapatalk than the HBT App.

What do you think?

Yes
No

This is not instead of a browser I am just wondering if you are on your phone what do you think works best

The most important thing for me when forum-ing from my phone is search, and sadly HBT doesn't seem to do very well with search, especially for shorter words (OG, SG, FG, keg and IPA are all ignored terms), unless I use the Google search, which isn't available via the HBT app.

So I don't use the HBT app much, though I'd really, really like to. :(

-Rich

Mobile sites are garbage too. If you are browsing the internet on your phone, you should, in 2013, have a browser that can display the site in its entirety. My phone's a year old and has no problem with this. iPhone users might have some trouble because of their limited screen real estate, but hey, I guess there's an app for that.

tapatalk is 3 bucks but makes it very easy to post pics and follow threads etc.

In my opinion it is easier than the app

Don't you have to pay for TapaTalk?

Yes at one time it was $2 usd.

I use both apps and I am just more familiar with tapatalk.

I did not vote for one. I agree with escholoc8; if the search function was improved I wouldn't care tapatalk over HBT app.

I though most forum software had some option to use apps like tapatalk built in and it just needed to be enabled?

My iPhone 4 does just fine showing the site in its entirety, as does my 10" iPad. It's not exactly formatted well for finger use, though: zoom in, tap, zoom out. Those of us with big fingers and/or 40-year-old eyes appreciate what the app is trying to do, and appreciate the whole-site option, but neither is yet ideal.

-Rich

to enable Tapatalk all they have to do is add on line to the header. Easy Peasy

One more reason to go with Tapatalk....

Tapatalk HD for tablets. The HBT app is just an upscaled version of the mobile app

Latest posts

Back