Corny Recipe Idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rednekhippiemotrcyclfreak

Reaction score
Millennium Falcon Imperial Pale Ale

18 lbs Pale 2 row
1 lb. Vienna
12 oz CaraPils
12 oz Crystal 60
8 oz Crystal 120
8 oz table sugar
1.75 oz Millenium hops @ 60 min
1 oz Falconer's Flight 7C's @ 20 min
1 oz Falconer's Flight 7C's @ 10 min
1 oz Falconer's Flight 7C's @ 5 min
2 oz Falconer's Flight 7C's @ flameout
2 packs US05
3 oz Falconer's Flight 7C's dry hop 7 days

Mash high (156 deg) for 60 min. Gotta have some Chew in ur Millenium Falcon or it won't fly right.

Est OG 1.086
IBU's 83.
Color 12 SRM
ABV 8.8

Hope I have 't misappropriated somebody else's idea.
Comments/suggestions welcome.

I'd lose the table sugar. If you're trying to up the gravity use dextrose instead. And while we're at it, that 8 oz addition of sugar won't move the og that much. Everything else works for me.

I might shoot for 152 on the mash though. I like to do them more medium bodied though.

rednekhippiemotrcyclfreak said:
How is dextrose different for sugar in its contribution to the recipe? It actually bumped it from 8.1 to 8.8 ABV according to Beersmith.

Sucrose is slightly harder for yeast to eat than dextrose.

I dunno whether that would result in a quality difference.

I put your recipe in (and guessed at your set up and 70 % eff.) your expected abv on my end was about 10. And I'm used to thinking about 10 gal batches so I forget what something like that can do to 5 gallons.

I had a similar nerd-thought, so on May 4th, I brewed a session IPA that I dubbed the Millennium Falcon-Bad Feeling Bitter (super nerdy reference to the movie). I used a fairly basic grain bill:
Ingredients:
1.0*lb (11.6%) 2-Row Caramel Malt 40L - added during mash
7.0*lb (81.4%) 2-Row Brewers Malt - added during mash
.6*lb (7.0%) Oats (Pregelatinized Flakes) - added during mash
.25*oz (25.0%) Falconer’s Flight™ Seven Seas Blend (9.9%) - added during boil, boiled 5.0*m
.5*oz (50.0%) Millenium (15.5%) - added during boil, boiled 60*m
.25*oz (25.0%) Falconer’s Flight™ Seven Seas Blend (9.9%) - added during boil, boiled 15.0*m
Safale S-04
Mashed at 152 for 60 min, with a OG of 1.050 and a TG of 1.013 at 4.8ish%ABV
I then dryhopped with the remaining .5 oz of Falconers Flight. I just got the first tasting out of the kegerator today, and it is lovely. It is a lot like Founders All Day IPA in color and bitterness; albeit with a slightly different hop profile. But did you decide to make your Star Wars homage beer?

Back