Quick kegging questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingfan13

Reaction score
I am moving to kegging soon and I have a couple of questions.

I found a package deal at Midwest that I am thinking about buying. It comes with 2 reconditioned kegs, 5# CO2 tank, double dual gage regulator and 2 picnic taps for $234.99. Is this a good deal ? Can I do better ? I have been coming up empty on Craigslist.

What changes would I make if I wanted to bottle 1 gallon and keg the other 4 ? Anything if I am force carbing ? Or do I still set it at a certain psi and let it sit for a few weeks ?

Thanks for the help.

Wingfan13 said:
I am moving to kegging soon and I have a couple of questions.

I found a package deal at Midwest that I am thinking about buying. It comes with 2 reconditioned kegs, 5# CO2 tank, double dual gage regulator and 2 picnic taps for $234.99. Is this a good deal ? Can I do better ? I have been coming up empty on Craigslist.

What changes would I make if I wanted to bottle 1 gallon and keg the other 4 ? Anything if I am force carbing ? Or do I still set it at a certain psi and let it sit for a few weeks ?

Thanks for the help.

Nothing changes with how much you put in the keg. It should carb a bit quicker with less volume but that's about it. That sounds like good deal. I'd go for it! I would Suggest upgrading the taps to a perlick faucets and shanks if you have the option of drilling a spot for it in your fridge setup. Your going to want to eventually so you might as well get it now if you can. Those parts may run you an extra 100 bucks I would guess.

Nothing changes with how much you put in the keg. It should carb a bit quicker with less volume but that's about it. That sounds like good deal. I'd go for it! I would Suggest upgrading the taps to a perlick faucets and shanks if you have the option of drilling a spot for it in your fridge setup. Your going to want to eventually so you might as well get it now if you can. Those parts may run you an extra 100 bucks I would guess.

If you could come over and explain to my wife why I am drilling through the brand new fridge, that would be great. :mug:

I was trying to figure out a good way to convince her. She is pregnant, moody and worst of all doesn't like beer.

Wingfan13 said:
If you could come over and explain to my wife why I am drilling through the brand new fridge, that would be great. :mug:

I was trying to figure out a good way to convince her. She is pregnant, moody and worst of all doesn't like beer.

Ha. I thought you may have a dedicated fridge. Of I even thought about putting a corny in our kitchen fridge my wife would totally freak.

Ha. I thought you may have a dedicated fridge. Of I even thought about putting a corny in our kitchen fridge my wife would totally freak.

Well, we just ordered a new fridge for the garage that this will all be going in. I think she and I need to sit down and have "the talk".

I bought that kit from midwest and am very happy with it. The dual regulator is a nice addition too. I eventually bought some Y splitters and a few shutoff valves and turned the kit into a 4 keg system.

In a bizarre turn of events my wife is now allowing me to drill through the new fridge. :ban: So, what kits should I be looking at now ? I want just 2 taps and 2, 5 gallon kegs. Is it hard to do ?

I would call Kegconnection at 512-805-3300, they are close enough to you that you could pick up and not have to pay shipping and the sales guys are very helpful and will help you put together a package that suits your needs. I got my keg setup from them and even with shipping it was a better deal than I could find elsewhere.

I would call Kegconnection at 512-805-3300, they are close enough to you that you could pick up and not have to pay shipping and the sales guys are very helpful and will help you put together a package that suits your needs. I got my keg setup from them and even with shipping it was a better deal than I could find elsewhere.

Great, thanks !

Wingfan13 said:
In a bizarre turn of events my wife is now allowing me to drill through the new fridge. :ban: So, what kits should I be looking at now ? I want just 2 taps and 2, 5 gallon kegs. Is it hard to do ?

Lol I had a hunch.

Back