using twist off caps ( not bottles)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I have a big bag of caps that say "TWIST OFF" on them. They seem a bit thinner than the regular caps to me. I am running low on caps and have a couple of batches that will need bottled soon and no desire to drive an hour each way for bottle caps. Will these work just as well as regular caps? ALSO I am going to age some barleywine in the bottles. Are the oxygen absorbing caps really different and better or is it a sales ploy?

Do you have a capper ? If you do, just try them with water in them and check for seal by forcefully shaking them. My guess is that they are made for twist off bottles and not necessarily to be twisted off, but I've been wrong before.

Do you have a capper ? If you do, just try them with water in them and check for seal by forcefully shaking them. My guess is that they are made for twist off bottles and not necessarily to be twisted off, but I've been wrong before.

yeah I have a bench capper. I have some regular caps but a fair sized bag of these.

Back