C02 Leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric_pwb

Reaction score
Hi,
after moving a keg and c02 tank and regulator for a party I somewhere lost the plastic regulator seal, and quite stupidly hooked up the tank and turned the valve on anyways.

My question is now that my tank is empty is there any way I can jurryrig an o-ring to seal it temporarily? And also is there any size difference between the fibre seals I am finding online and the plastic one that would have come with?

Thanks,

Eric

You beer should stay carbed if you dont pull from them for a few days, just hurry up and order another O-Ring

If I'm not mistaken, a #111 post oring fit into the groove on one of my regulators. On the other one, I cut my own gasket out from the lid of a sour cream container. That kind of plastic is soft and makes a great seal.

Not very relevant to whats being discussed, but I have swapped a few tanks and had an extra oring rubber banded to the new tank.

the o-ring is because they are made of 2 pieces of brass for maching ease and rate of production. you have to take it off or you wont get it back if you swap tanks. if they fill YOUR tank and hand it back then your set. flat brass mating surfaces does not need anything else to be a gas tight seal. the first one i installed, i overtightened and snapped it. so it is only the outer ring and doesn't leak. it takes 2 seconds to unscrew it out of the valve. but hey, if your like me and taking regs off frequently like on my mig machine, its better than having to replace the nylon washer every so often or worry about losing it. for me it was the best $4 ever spent.

there is no tapered pipe thread. the cga320 valve is straight thread.

Latest posts

Back