Need help with wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbrew

Reaction score
I'm just putting the finishing touches on my RIMS system. I've had lots of useful ideas from this forum, it's been a great resource of info. Here's my dilema, I want to wire up my heat stick using Sawdust guys "RIMS for dummies" circuit and bill of materials. I have a March pump that I would like to plug into a GF outlet I've wired down below on my frame. I have a motor switch that is in my panel, just a toggle on off type just like a light switch but rated for motor use. I also have a power cord with plug coming out of the panel. My questions are:

1. How do I wire up the GF plug into my switch?

2. Does this Auber PID have a separate on off switch or do I need an additional one?

3. Is there a second terminal strip outside of the panel that the SSR goes into?

Im new to brewing but an electrican by trade.The gfci all you are doing is breaking the black wire and puting it on the switch ( with the power off )cut it , then put the two wires on each side of the switch.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my RIMS system. I've had lots of useful ideas from this forum, it's been a great resource of info. Here's my dilema, I want to wire up my heat stick using Sawdust guys "RIMS for dummies" circuit and bill of materials. I have a March pump that I would like to plug into a GF outlet I've wired down below on my frame. I have a motor switch that is in my panel, just a toggle on off type just like a light switch but rated for motor use. I also have a power cord with plug coming out of the panel. My questions are:

1. How do I wire up the GF plug into my switch?

2. Does this Auber PID have a separate on off switch or do I need an additional one?

3. Is there a second terminal strip outside of the panel that the SSR goes into?

Looks like Doug took care of the electricians question. I will take care of the PID questions. The PID does not have an ON-OFF switch. You will need to wire one in if you want one. For the PID there are terminals on the back of the PID for the SSR output. You can wire them directly to the PID if you wish or run them to a terminal block and then to the PID if you wish to keep things neat. Be sure to observe polarity when wiring the SSR. Make sure that the SSR output (+) on the PID gets connected to (+) on the SSR and (-) on the PID SSR output gets connected to (-) on the SSR. The current requirement of the SSR is milliamps so wiring for the PID SSR output to the SSR can be 22 AWG stranded which is very easy to work with. I hope this helps.

Back