Best week ever! My name was called at NHC...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnevoodoo

Reaction score
...for the American Homebrewers Association 10th Annual Lallemand Scholarship.

SO unless there's another Derek Freese with an active AHA membership, I just won a two week trip to Siebel for their concise course in brewing technology, plus $1000 bucks to spend while I am there.

First my two ribbons last weekend, now this. I am stoked right now.

Course:
WBA Concise Course in Brewing Technology

Scholarship page:
Lallemand Scholarship

Very cool!!! You should share your now award winning recipes!

The recipes are not anything special. I mean they're close enough to things you find on the internet or in books that posting them would be redundant. Follow guidelines and good brewing techniques, and any solid recipe can be a winner.

Awesome!

That's like a $3,000 course. Be sure to take lots of notes, your brain will probably be on overload by the end...:drunk:

The recipes are not anything special. I mean they're close enough to things you find on the internet or in books that posting them would be redundant. Follow guidelines and good brewing techniques, and any solid recipe can be a winner.

Yeah, but folks still like to brew "award winning recipes"....what the hell, toss em up and bask in the glory!

Congrats. Some people play six degrees with Kevin Bacon, I like to play 6 degrees with homebrewers. I know more famous homebrewers than I do actors.

Enjoy the course.

Yeah, but folks still like to brew "award winning recipes"....what the hell, toss em up and bask in the glory!

I put up the Southern English Brown. The blonde is very close to the centennial blonde on here. I modified the hop schedule (Simcoe and Cascade) and adjusted for my efficiency. Then I used White Labs Cali V instead of Notty. Well, I used Cali V in one fermenter and I used S-05 in the other. The Cali V didn't dry out as much and left an amazing fruity, almost melon-like nose. The S-05 dried out more and it is more hop forward and less balanced. I think the Cali V made this beer. Fermented at 67 degrees.

So yeah, the centennial blonde, no centennial. Different yeast. Slight modification for efficiency. That's it.

Latest posts

Back