Simcoe Sadness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencecore24

Reaction score
I really want to use some simcoe. My LHBS laughed when i asked if they had it lol (its ok he and I are cool). He said he may be able to get some directly from the farm. Anyone have any luck finding any in a store?

You got mail. Order a full pound -- you'll want some in the freeze for the apocalypse.

Pay attention to the forum. I got some a month or so ago from farmhousebrewingsupply.com and I know another website just announced having some for sale the other day but I know it was going fast. Its in high demand and there wasn't a good harvest of it this year so its really hard to find right now. good luck

I stock pile whenever they come in. I don't know anywhere online that they are available. I would love to get my hands on a few rhizomes and grow them myself.

Whats the best in-stock price for a 1lb you guys can find? The best I can find is $30 ($1.87/oz)

Can you elaborate?

Simcoe is owned by a private company. You cannot grow it without a license or agreement with the company. Possession, distribution, breeding, cross-breeding, etc. are all grounds for a hefty lawsuit for patent violations and you'd probably get 'damages' on top of that. Just don't, even if you could :p

Back