$14 5lb Co2 Refills - Alpharetta, north of Atlanta

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Just an FYI for people making it north of Atlanta.

I know some people use Beverage Control, or know a local welding shop, but I was hard pressed to find a 5lb refill for under $25 in my work area. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but LHBS Beer Necessities (aka BrewDepot) will do a 5lb for $14. Maybe you're all getting an even better deal.

Personally, I won't buy their hops, but I do get grain and equipment from them, and will get my CO2 filled there until I find it cheaper.

Beer Necessities
10595 Old Alabama Road
Alpharetta, GA 30022-8276

Yeah, they leave their hops out all day instead of in the freezer. BrewmastersWarehouse, even over in Marietta is cheaper to order and have shipped than go to BN and an even better deal when you have time to drive over and check stuff out. :mug:

Just paid $33 for a 20lb tank exchange at Praxair in Marietta (an hour ago). I probably could've shopped around, but they're on my way home from work.

FWIW, the salesman said "I don't know of anyone anymore who still fills tanks. Everyone does exchanges now." Anyone in the N ATL area know of cheap CO2 fills? I wonder what Beer Necessities would charge for a 20 pounder refill.

I wonder what Beer Necessities would charge for a 20 pounder refill.

They have all their inventory online ($28 for 20lb).

I have a brand new canister, so I'm not that keen on swapping it. I guess it would make sense to fill a large tank and bleed off of that to refill my 5lb, but I hardly use that much gas to worry about it now.

$14 is dirt cheap around Atlanta. I pay a local welding shop in Canton, GA $19 for a 5# fill. I used to use a fire extinguisher shop but they charged $26!

Little late to the party but I have a 5 and a 4. The 5 costs me 14 at Beer Depot and the 4 like 12. They run expensive on most other things though.

Also Beverage Control does a 5 for like 10 bucks.

Happy Holidays

Where do you go? I'm in the area and may need to be going to your stop.

Koetter Fire Protection. 10351 Olympic Drive in Dallas, zip 75220. That's down near Harry Hines and Lombardy, just north of Northwest Highway and west of Harry Hines.

I just got a fill last week. They are as easy to deal with as ever. Drive around back and lug your tank up the ramp and look around for somebody. Don't bother going in the front door. The folks up front will just tell you to drive around back.

Here's a thread I started on it a while back.

CO2 refills in North Dallas area

Little late to the party but I have a 5 and a 4. The 5 costs me 14 at Beer Depot and the 4 like 12. They run expensive on most other things though.

Also Beverage Control does a 5 for like 10 bucks.

Happy Holidays

Over in Tucker?

Back