Primary Fermenting Finished; no sugar :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ochre

Reaction score
Hi folks. I have a situation I would appreciate your help with. Last weekend I began fermenting a new brew, just a Muntons tin kit affair, and it is now ready for priming and transfer to my king keg. However, although I ordered some priming sugar / spray malt some time ago it has not arrived. I've ordered some more but will the delayed priming be a problem? Can it remain in the fermenting bin for a while longer. I started the brew last Friday night. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Lots of peeps with more experience will help, but from what I have read you don't really want to add anything with priming sugar apart from CO2 so I'd of thought table sugar is fine.

Just let it sit it will be fine.Or better yet if you have a spare carboy rack too that and let it settle out a bit.

Put it in your keg now and add the priming sugar when it arrives. Table sugar can add some odd flavors. It's important to get the ale off of the cake before the yeast start dying.

david_42 said:
It's important to get the ale off of the cake before the yeast start dying.
Respectfully...autolysis is not going to be a problem after only a week.

Light spray malt arrived in the post today; just racked it to the keg and added the spray malt. Just have to tackle the warm room/no fizz problem now. :rolleyes:

Back