I've got a sickness - picked up 2 10 gal cornies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcinpdx

Reaction score
Saw 10 gal cornies on CL in Portland. 100$ each or 2 for 150$. Well, who could pass up that deal - I got both! What the hell am I going to do with them? fermentation? giant freakin' serving kegs? I can't get into a hobby without going full bore. You should see my record, guitar and flyfishing stuff.......

Any ideas?

I was hoping someone here would snag those. Just couldn't justify the awesome deal myself...

Ferment in them or keg a favorite house ale. If you decide to brew up some wine you'll be digging the open top.

Ferment in one, sell the other one to me for $100 and be happy. I don't check CL much anymore because I keep spending money. In fact I bought some stuff from Curtis97322.

If I owned them I would ferment in them. I got tired of debating the cons of plastic vs glass carboys and decided to go to stainless. Conicals are expensive and bulky for temp control but they are in my sight. If I can find a 10 or 7.5 gallon pony keg for cheap I'll be set. Nice find!

I have two and ferment in them. They're awesome since you can put five gallons of beer in and not have to worry about a blow off tube. To transfer beer to serving keg you can make a jumper tube with a liquid fitting on each end and push with c02.

I'm on the lookout for a 7.75 slim pony but have not had luck yet. I've amassed a few fermenting options though -
a modified 15.5 sanke complete with a 2" sanitary fitting on bottom and a 4" sanitary on top
carboys galore
a 5.15 gallon 1/6 barrel
now 2 10 gallon cornies.

I better get to filling them.....

It is amazing how much brewing stuff I see on CL in Portland. I saw a few cornies yesterday for 10$ each, but I had already dropped 150$ on cornies.

Back