need help putting together control panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarheels

Reaction score
My dad will be visiting in a couple of weeks and his is going to help me put this thing together. I need to have everything ready to go for him, he will only be here a week.
system specs - one tier, one pump, seperate vessel with 2000w element, propane burners under boil kettel and HLT
i need to know what i need. i have been looking at the love controllers and i think i will go with that. other than that what else to i need. i would also like to maintain and monitor HLT temps. any help piecing this together.

I have an electric HERMS build thread... it has a parts list with some pretty common components. It would be best to familiarize yourself with the components and what they do before embarking on such a build...

my dad is an electrical engineer and he will be doing all the wiring. he knows about the parts just not what is needed for a brewery

Well you will need the Love controllers, some SSRs, heat skinks, wire of various guages to fulfill the various amperage needs in the control panel.

If you intend to use the Love controllers for burner control, you will also be looking at some Asco gas solenoid valves, spark ignitors or standing pilots... etc.

To be certain, you will have to give much more information about how things will be fired, monitored, controlled etc...

Back