2007 Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still nobody? What's the plan if we can't get this last spot filled?

I can't believe we can't fill a 10 man league

I'm sure I can drum up another non-HBT member but I'd rather find someone here to join up. Seriously, though, how can there not be one more person out there interested!?!?! I'll give it until Friday then kick the search up a notch.

Tophe96 said:
Hey I'll join! I just signed up on sportsline.com last night.

email is [email protected]

Go Tigers!

Woo-hoo! We're full!

Plus, it will be nice to have a Tiger fan to beat on while my White Sox regain their rightful place on top of the AL Central

EDIT: Sent him the password Fiery Sword

Invite / password sent - we should be in business!!!! Once it's all full we can start working out the wagers.

So, live draft on Sun!

I everyone joining chat too? Seems like some good smack-talking (or smack-typing) would go well with our selections

I'm letting the 'puter pick my players, sorry... I just don't know enough players from outside of Boston and NY. I'd end up drafting David Justice... :D

I'll be in the live draft.

I sent an email to the 3 non-HBT teams today explaining that the rest of us are going to work out putting homebrew/micros on the line for wagering purposes. I want to see their thoughts before working out the details, but is it safe to assme all of us are interested in BeerBets? I'm sure the details will shake out to be similar to the Football thread/league - I just want to make sure we are all in.

I am encouraging the non-HBT'rs to participate and send micros. One of them already signed on, so there are really only two who are on the fence. In the event that I can not get them to bet up (ie they are pussies) then I will figure out a way to either not include them or cover their bets myself. This would all have to be OK with you folks - so post your opinions in the meantime!

oh yea and bird, i know this great pitcher you should draft. he's going to be a shut-down closer. tavarez is his name, i think. ;)

well, if we know they're not in from the beginning, it's not a big deal. They don't have to give if they lose and we don't have to send if they win. It's sort of like having computer players.

Bird, are you going to at least watch the draft? I think you can see who is up and override the computer if there is a guy you like - or don't like. If you don't pick in a certain window of time, the player is picked for you.

Right - you can be logged into the draft and have the cpu pick for you. I would, however, recommend you tweaking the pre-ranked draft order. You can still have the computer pick after this. I lot of times I'll pick the first 5-6 rounds then let the computer take 'best available' for the rest. Not sure this time tho....last year I got shafted with Matt Clement somehow.

Im up for brew trading. If for some reason I dont have any homebrew to send, I'll just have to send some of the great Bells beer, but I dont plan on that happening. It will probably be more like I'll have to buy a new fridge to store all your guys beer!!

**Is this the smack talk youre lookin for?** :)

Oh, I'll be there for the draft also.

I'm rolling the dice and letting the HAL 9000 pick mine... I've got a crapload of stuff to do today, :rolleyes: but I'll try to be on when it goes down...

Ize

f*CKING A. I just typed a long-winded message detailing the wager. Then firefox crashed nasty. I'm going to do the quick version.

There is only one team that are non involved in the wager <poosie!!!>:
G-phizzle

The remaining 9 people are going to abide by the following wager:
1st place gets 3 bottles from all 9 participants
2nd place gets 2 from all
3d place gets 1 from all

By 'bottles', I am thinking 22 ouncers, liters or the like. If you exclusively bottle with 12 ounce bottles, then plan on factoring up to 5 bottles for #1, 3 for #2 and 2 for #3. Homebrews or quality micros are what we are agreeing to. If it's a micro, try for something local/regional that the other people don't have a chance to get their paws on.

In summary, we are all agreeing to a maximum payout of 6 bottles (10 if 22ouncers) to three different people (unless you are in the top three, of course, in which case you only have to 'pay off' the other two ranking teams).

Let me know if the 12oz. conversion is OK. Otherwise, it's sticking for the draft tonight. We are all reasonable dudes so if there is disagreement in the details it can be worked out post-draft. If not, the above shall apply.

Good luck in the draft, and see you all there. :mug:

Sounds Good to me. Pretty nice payout if you win. You have a little typo...see the bold below.

Fiery Sword said:
There is only one team that are non involved in the wager <poosie!!!>:
G-phizzle

The remaining 9 people are going to abide by the following wager:
1st place gets 3 bottles from all 9 participants
2nd place gets 2 from all
3d place gets 1 from all

By 'bottles', I am thinking 22 ouncers, liters or the like. If you exclusively bottle with 12 ounce bottles, then plan on factoring up to 5 bottles for #1, 3 for #2 and 2 for #3. Homebrews or quality micros are what we are agreeing to. If it's a micro, try for something local/regional that the other people don't have a chance to get their paws on.

In summary, we are all agreeing to a maximum payout of 6 bottles (10 if 12ouncers) to three different people (unless you are in the top three, of course, in which case you only have to 'pay off' the other two ranking teams).

Let me know if the 12oz. conversion is OK. Otherwise, it's sticking for the draft tonight. We are all reasonable dudes so if there is disagreement in the details it can be worked out post-draft. If not, the above shall apply.

Good luck in the draft, and see you all there. :mug:

Obviously, the guy the wins the championship is the winner.

Second is the guy that loses the champ game?
Who is third? next best record of the playoff teams? What if a tie?

Oh, and what do people thing of their teams?

I'm pretty happy with mine - have a pretty deep pitching staff!

the_bird said:
Hmmm.... wonder who I got... dammit, there better not be any Yankees on my list...

You are one lucky bastard. You don't even bother to show up and get Pujols and Hafner - two of the most effective bats in the game

Im pretty happy with my team. I got alot of tigers, so hopefully they have a good season. Can't wait til the season starts. Im happy that I got Jeter.

Meh, Mine looks ok. Not unhappy. HAL did an ok job for me. I still have to research a lot of these AL guys, but that's ok.

It was either Draft or make EdWorts Apfelwein. Apfelwein won. :rockin:

Ize

rdwj said:
Obviously, the guy the wins the championship is the winner.

Second is the guy that loses the champ game?
Who is third? next best record of the playoff teams? What if a tie?
The playoff structure is set out in the 'League Home' tab under 'Rules'. Scroll to the bottom, follow the 'Official Rules' link. Kind of hidden, but that's our Constitution.

My interpretation for the playoff/1st'2nd'3d situation:
Winners of each division are playoff seeds 1 and 2, based upon W/L record. After that, the two best teams OVERALL (division nonwithstanding), based upon record, become the 3 and 4 seeds. First round or playoffs 1 plays 4, and 2 plays 3. Tiebreakers are detailed in the rules link above.

...Now let me go survey the damage. The telecommunication gods wanted me to trust my pre-draft rank order.

Tophe96 said:
Is our utility guy just like any other player as far as scoring points when he plays?
Yes. The utility guy counts exactly the same as all other offensive players. However, his actual position doesn't matter. You could have an outfielder, infielder, catcher or DH as your 'utility' guy. I'm 'utilitizing' Papi. And that's a lotta utility. :rockin:

Fiery Sword said:
Yes. The utility guy counts exactly the same as all other offensive players. However, his actual position doesn't matter. You could have an outfielder, infielder, catcher or DH as your 'utility' guy. I'm 'utilitizing' Papi. And that's a lotta utility. :rockin:

Ya, you can't get much better than Big Papi for your utility. I have Cecil Fielder's kid - Prince. His numbers look pretty impressive and he can play 1st for me too. I was a bit worried about drafting a pure dh.

Back