AHS Great Divide Raspberry Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't make that one but I did make the Midwest Supplies Raspberry Red Ale last year. It was good.....for a fruit beer. It was for the gf and her friends. They really liked it. She wanted to try that after drinking Darkhorse' Raspberry Red Ale. It was my own concoction.
I only used 1 tablespoon of the extract but I used 2 lbs. of frozen raspberries and almost 2 lbs of black berries. I sanitized with about 1/2 cup of vodka then strained out the liquor and shoved them through the funnel into the carboy for the 3rd week of fermentation. It had a pinkish violet hue and smelled pretty good a week later. I would do that one again but all-grain.

After reading as many fruit beer threads I could, I decided against using much of the extract because people said it tasted like cough syrup. I have no experience with puree. One thing I would caution against, is using fruit with added sugar in it

Within the next day or two, I'm going to bottle up a strawberry blond that I concocted from BM's Centennial Blond. That one contains 3 lbs. frozen Costco strawberries and no extract. It has a very subtle flavor.

Read this one.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f75/requiem-raspberry-56285/index9.html

If you are not in a hurry, then read as much as you can.

Go with the raspberrry wheat, but use US-05 for yeast and only use about half to three quarters of the berry extract. It takes about 2-3 months inthe bottle to really get good. Its not my favorite but the wife and her friends love it......and when mamma's happy.....eeeeverybody is happy.

Go with the raspberrry wheat, but use US-05 for yeast and only use about half to three quarters of the berry extract. It takes about 2-3 months inthe bottle to really get good. Its not my favorite but the wife and her friends love it......and when mamma's happy.....eeeeverybody is happy.

Ain't that the truth... I was talking to a guy at work today who did the AHS hHfeweizen and replaced the extract with Purree and loved it so I might head that route... :drunk:

Back