Blown fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsruther

Reaction score
I opened the door to my Bier Klozzit this morning to find a blown fermentor. I brewed this batch Wednesday evening and fermentation started later that night and it was bubbling twice a second by morning. I don't know when it blew but, the splatter on the wall is dry. I assumed that I didn't need a blow off on a bucket...I guess I was wrong.
Luckily, I just bottled up a batch last night and I had a clean lid. I sanitized the lid, popped it on and stuck an airlock in. It was bubbling rapidly within minutes. I'm going to put a blowoff tube on to be safe.
Will this batch be salvagable?

2luua6a.jpg

2q36m39.jpg

Love the pics! The batch should be just fine. It's good that you got another sanitized lid on shortly after the blowoff. I wouldn't worry too much at all about the batch for right now. Just keep on fermenting as you would and keep an eye on it a ways down the road to look for any signs of infections.

So nothing on the carpet huh? Finally someone with a blowoff and takes pictures. That's what I'm talkn bout!

The first gun is an air rifle. I think it shielded the other two.
I take pics of everything.
I had high hopes for this batch since it was the first one that wasn't a kit. There's a blowoff on it now. Up to now I haven't had a fermentor be this active...violent even.

Back