Words and phrases I hate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baby Mama

This has to be the most horrible word/phrase that sets me off. It is now so common that professional types, even newscasters use it when referring to the mother of a child. Is ignorance really so common (and "cool") that we have to dumb it down to this level? Yes, we are obviously becoming Idiocracy.

Please, at least say, baby's mama, if that's the best you can do.

Furthering Lgaddy's comment I will reiterate that people for a long time seem to have taken pride in ignorance, and it has to stop. I know almost nothing about professional sports, but I'm not proud of the fact that I can't hold a conversation on the topic.

When people giggle and proudly say they dont know how to "work a computer", or do laundry, or any number of other things, they are implying that ignorance is "cool" (and somehow interesting).

Everytime Dear Margo laughs that she doesnt know anything about the computer she is using I want to strap her to the blade of a helicopter.

"Like us on Facebook"
"follow us on twitter"

Oh hell yeah!! :D

"Did you hear" when referring to something in print. :confused:

Recruiters that have an Indian accent (not talking about Native American here, talking about the 'aimpoint' variety) that you can barely understand them. Plus they say 'thank you' so freakin much it makes me want to reach through the phone and ***** slap them into next month. :mad:

No, I don't have any issues... :cross::cross::fro:

How about "check your local listings..." WTF? Can't say what day/time it will be on?

Lgaddy44 said:
Baby Mama

This has to be the most horrible word/phrase that sets me off. It is now so common that professional types, even newscasters use it when referring to the mother of a child. Is ignorance really so common (and "cool") that we have to dumb it down to this level? Yes, we are obviously becoming Idiocracy.

Please, at least say, baby's mama, if that's the best you can do.

Yes! I can't stand that. Also baby daddy is unfortunately used as well.
Also Creamy mentioned his wife calls breakfast "brekky", which by the way, I think is grounds for divorce. But it made me think of "wakey wakey eggs and bakey."
I want to slap someone when I hear that.

Just saying. This thread literally blew my mind. Lordy. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how you do it, just get er done. This thread rocks!

Let me play this out all in one comment.

I'm going to point out that "'aimpoint" is one of the most atrocious things I've seen all day.

Someone is going to tell me I am too sensitive.

I will protest.

Someone else will insist that its all a bunch of "PC crap"

I will get agitated and some people will agree with me.

Then someone will insist they like fruit pie.

And Pappers will have to shut the thread.

Phew. Thats out. Moving on...

Just saying. This thread literally blew my mind. Lordy. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how you do it, just get er done. This thread rocks!

"Get er done" is my least favorite phrase that anyone has ever said in the history of the world. It is a scourge upon this earth and should be eradicated.

I hate alot of things people say and even do.

But a new thing now is calling potatoe chips "chippys" f+*king hate it, even more when a male says it.

What's fruit pie Creamy?

HAHA! I had a thread get locked recently because two people got into a shouting match over whether or not pies in which fruits had been cooked were pleasing taste-wise.

I'm the guy who once told parents I would explain what a naked lady tattoo was to their kids if they weren't up for the job (regretfully)... and my thread about my love for sauces and dislike of car alarms was the one that got locked because of fruit pie disagreements.

:ban:

'Moving forward'. Another 'business' term that's found it's way into our language. Annoys the **** out of me!

Let me play this out all in one comment.

I'm going to point out that "'aimpoint" is one of the most atrocious things I've seen all day.

Someone is going to tell me I am too sensitive.

I will protest.

Someone else will insist that its all a bunch of "PC crap"

I will get agitated and some people will agree with me.

Then someone will insist they like fruit pie.

And Pappers will have to shut the thread.

Phew. Thats out. Moving on...

Sounds like somebody needs a time-out. :eek: :D

BTW, if you've had the experiences with them as I have, you would feel the same way that I do... :p
Besides, they're easy to pick out of a crowd. Plus, they handily provide a reference point for the sniper. :eek:
Yes, I know I'm not "PC" and I'm probably going to hell. If I had a dime for every time those were mentioned, I'd be a wealthy man. :rockin:

Sounds like somebody needs a time-out. :eek: :D

BTW, if you've had the experiences with them as I have, you would feel the same way that I do... :p
Besides, they're easy to pick out of a crowd. Plus, they handily provide a reference point for the sniper. :eek:
Yes, I know I'm not "PC" and I'm probably going to hell. If I had a dime for every time those were mentioned, I'd be a wealthy man. :rockin:

IBTL. This is an annoying internet acronym, but also I'm saying it for real.

Got milk? Or any other word that follows. Especially other words. While in Arizona, I noticed a billboard asking "got sand?"

Very annoying.

Creamy, I immediately hit the "Like" button because I got the context of what you meant. But, why a but? Well because self centered is good in your meaning. Bad in other ways, when it becomes selfish to an extreme.

Yeah I hear ya, Dan, but its more the fact that the words themselves arent properly descriptive or seem to have a meaning other than is intended.

Same reason the word "invaluable" annoys me.

I try to stay away from television news, but it drives me crazy when news programs read tweets and facebook posts from random people about what they are reporting on. xsurfergirlx's post on the current administration's fiscal and economic policies? No one cares except him.

Basically anything the news reports about something on the internet I already hate before I even hear it.

SpentGrains said:
I try to stay away from television news, but it drives me crazy when news programs read tweets and facebook posts from random people about what they are reporting on. xsurfergirlx's post on the current administration's fiscal and economic policies? No one cares except him.

Basically anything the news reports about something on the internet I already hate before I even hear it.

Yes yes yes!!!!^^^^^^^^

+1! Like during the Olympics when they would do that stupid social media update thing. I don't care how many teenage girls "liked" Michael Phelps on twitter last night, I just want to watch him swim!!! SHUT UP RYAN SEACREST!!!!

"John" or "Jon" or "Jaun" however the hell it is spelled.

Mostly used around Philly and PA people.

Example 1. "Look at that john" (when referring to anything, a person, a car, an item of sorts)

Example 2. "This John sucks, I'm outta here" (when referring to a boring place or situation)

you get the idea, usually put in the place of a noun.

can't fvcking stand it

Back