back after 4 years!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batch

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
After taking a 4 year break, I
just brewed a light "mexican-type" ale last night from a kit
(is that corona with w/o lager yeast? we'll see. corona ale might be a good name)
It sure is good to have the smell of hops and malt in the house again!
-batch

PHP:
Hi Everyone,
After taking a 4 year break, I
just brewed a light "mexican-type" ale last night from a kit
(is that corona with w/o lager yeast? we'll see. corona ale might be a good name)
It sure is good to have the smell of hops and malt in the house again!
-batch

Sounds like me. I just bottled my first batch after a 4 year break. The hardest part was cleaning the equipment to my liking after it being in the garage so long. I opted for an American pale ale.

Thanx,glad you like my lil contraction. I'm always trying to think up names that are catchy,simple,& descriptive.:mug:

It will be good to have some brew around that doesn't cost $9 a six pack!

PHP:

Sounds like me. I just bottled my first batch after a 4 year break. The hardest part was cleaning the equipment to my liking after it being in the garage so long. I opted for an American pale ale.

Hey Batch, welcome back to the hobby. I just came back to it a few months ago after a 7 year hiatus. It's sure good to be back! Hope your new "Coronation Ale" comes out well!

Was this site here before you guys left? This has been a great resource for me since starting over a year ago. I can't imagine what it was like before these type of resources were available.

Hey wetzie,
It was here! And still a great resource.
Prost to the moderators!

This was about when I had to stop brewing -- hops fire in `06
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/4-us-hop-crop-burned-14414/
and the link is still there.

-batch

Was this site here before you guys left? This has been a great resource for me since starting over a year ago. I can't imagine what it was like before these type of resources were available.

Thanks MenkeMoose,
And welcome back to you too.
It is good to be back and to see some of the old threads still humming,
like the Apfelwein one.
-batch
Hey Batch, welcome back to the hobby. I just came back to it a few months ago after a 7 year hiatus. It's sure good to be back! Hope your new "Coronation Ale" comes out well!

Thanks BierHerr,
Just bottled it, skipping the secondary this time around.
I gotta say, iodophor has made this possible.
-batch

Hey BierHerr,
It turned out great (for the style, lotta rice solids in there!), dry and refreshing.
Well, I bought the kit during the hot months, I guess I'll hold on to it
for a few months now....
I realized I miss the IPA'a and imperial stout.
That's next.
-batch

Very cool, Batch! Glad your return to brewing has been successful. I'm thinking a stout or chocolate porter will be my next small batch. I like to do 1.25 gallon batches for experimentation and generally stuff I don't intend to keg. As it will be warming up here in So Cal, my next big batch will be a Koelsch (lawnmower beer).

Back