Beer notes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhr18

Reaction score
So Im working on my first batch of amber and am currently right notes on the instruction sheet that came with my Amber kit. Organization is not my strong suit. Has any one used an app or other program that can help keep everything organized. Beer recipes batch notes things like that?

Started with a regular notebook, it worked pretty well as I could stick the kit instructions in the back. Now that I'm mostly brewing from my own recipes, I'm using Beersmith.

Beersmith may be the best money you can spend if you want to get serious about brewing. I also use an excel spreadsheet for pH readings.

I use Brew Pal on my iPhone. Haven't used Beersmith, so can't speak to which is better or if Brew Pal is reasonable enough in comparison, but I really like it.. The app cost I think about $3 or so.

I formulate and take notes on paper and copy my recipes to BrewR on my Android phone. I didn't care much for beersmith...

I have refined my process, typed up Word documents for my checklists and mashing method. Place some duct tape on the corner and tape on my wall in the garage. As I brew, I simply place a checkmark when the particular task is finished. I also have a special section for brew notes: problems, outside temp (for evap rate), boil overs, etc.

I also use Beersmith to formulate my recipes.

Back