• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1 1/2" SS Rims Tube For Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrettbuckeye

Reaction score
I am selling my 1 1/2" 304 stainless steel rims tube. I purchased this almost 2 years ago with the intentions of building a rims system. Unfortunately, it's been sitting in a box ever since. These parts were never used (other than dry fitting them to dream).

Parts included:
1 - 1 1/2" x 6" Nipple
2 - 1 1/2" Tees
3 - 1 1/2" x 1/2" Bushings (2 liquid, 1 temp)
1 - 1 1/2" x 1" Bushing (for element)
1 - 1/2" x 1/4" Bushing (for temp probe)

$60 + $10 shipping = $70

Optional: For another $5, I'll also send 2 - 1/2" MNPT 316 SS hose barbs (used once)

image-3530755142.jpg

image-2674096644.jpg

image-3543488304.jpg

Excused my ignorance I am very new at brewing, What are the rims for? electrical brewing systems?
Thanks
Cheers

What kind of element fits into such a small bushing?
Also, aren't most temp probes 1/2" NPT?

I'm not ready for this type of equipment yet.. but, the info would be helpful

1/4" temp probes are common (I have them)

RIMS is a method of recirculating your mash wort over an electrical element in order to maintain a constant mash temp, or do slow steps to other temps. HERMS, another method, differs in that in a HERMS system the mash wort is constantly pumped through coiled tubing in a tank of water (usually the the hot liquor tank - HLT). The HLT is maintained at the desired mash temp.

Thanks.. I was just wondering mainly about the electrical element .. seems like a 1" thread is pretty small. When I go to HD, I don't think I've ever seen one with that small a thread.

Re the temp probe.. I've never sen other than 1/2".. where did you find yours?

Thanks.. I was just wondering mainly about the electrical element .. seems like a 1" thread is pretty small. When I go to HD, I don't think I've ever seen one with that small a thread.

Re the temp probe.. I've never sen other than 1/2".. where did you find yours?

1" is standard water heater thread.

1/4" came from auberins I think.

The temp probe I liked was 1/4" liquid RTD I think from auberins. Dial thermometers are usually 1/2", but those don't connect to a PID. In any case, if you need a 1/2", just don't use the 1/2" to 1/4" bushing.

Thanks.. I'm just BEGINNING to explore partial electric. Nice thing about it is.. no/little stratification.. as I understand it

I'm still very interested in mash temp automation. Currently I use a 52qt cooler to mash, but I do have three keggles and pump. I figure by selling this, it'll help pay for a false bottom and I can start playing with a direct fired mash.

Back