Auber help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eating the following code:
orAL 1176
orAL At A 0

Help? I checked the thermocouple by shorting 4 and 5 and no change. Sn is 21 for my RTD thermocouple.

Help?

What?

It would be better if you gave a little (LOT) more information.

Which PID? What is your setup? What are you trying to do?

Edit: Oh: And what is the problem that you are trying to fix?

So that really isn't THAT much more info.... Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but if you can't take the time to provide the details, why should the electrical guru guys (like PJ, not me) try to help out. Try providing a wiring diagram to PJ so he can see how you hooked it up, etc.

Anyway - it sounds like you are not getting a connection from your probe based on my anecdotal experience with the same auber PID. Therefore you are getting that default flashing message from the auber PID. Did you check your settings to make sure it is set up for your probe type? That the other settings are correct as well?

Sounds like you may have ("Sn is 21 for my RTD thermocouple") but I don't have the manual in front of me to check that value and whether it is correct for the RTD probe. You should have AT set to AT 1 until you attempt an autotune.

Sounds like you have a wiring/connection issue. I would recheck that you you have the RTD wiring correct on your PID.

That's fair there was not enough info. Sorry about that. Largely because I was stuck and diddnt know what information to provide. I have worked through it with help from Auber directly. Following their trouble shooting directions I was not coming up with a wiring issue as a setting was not correct to use the trouble shooting. Indeed there were wiring issues with the TC. I ended up replacing the TC wires all together with two pair of wires from a length of cat5, so now using 26ga single strand copper with 4 colors. Using three, leaving the 4th as "body" in the overall cable that's been wrapped with a wire loom, the extra color was helpful in getting the pins to match from end to end.

So, just waiting on a couple of final fittings and some grain from AHBS and first batch will be on heat soon!

Back