What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AudaciousAlechemist said:
Or drunk and happy. :ban:

Nice. The war department at my house drinks captain and sangria. I haven't gathered those skills yet. Pot still then wine. I'll get there sooner or later.

Nice night tonight. I had the collaboration from The Alchemist/Ninkasi/Stone -More Brown than Black IPA, Firestone Walker Double Jack and Russian River's Blind Pig.

Back to Wells bombardier, after drinking a 5L mini keg of Kostritzer schwarzbier. I hope my wife lets me sleep tomorrow......well, later today

Coffee - at work no less. Year end audits are just grand. Odd that the owners don't have their happy a$$es in here at 8AM on New Years Eve Saturday.

Shiner 102, shiner spring ale, shiner bock and lone star... And the brisket has been on for 5 hrs already and smelling good

BrewMU said:
Sure...the return shipment of coal is on it's way. Good trade, eh?

mmmm.... coal.

On another note, get a grip people, it's Newcastle! It's a city, not our most recent fortress.

Sierra Nevada Celebration
Holiday Spiced Ale- Home Brew
Mama's Little Yella Pils - Oskar Blues Brewery

Getting ready for a night of more at the neighbors NYE party

Bad Elf winter ale,not what i thought but its a hoppy english bitter pale that is ok.That english taste is not my thing.Wish i knew exactly which strain of yeast that is so i never buy it.

image-38391607.jpg

HOMEBREWED smoked porter and wondering why so many aren't doing the same?????

Batch 2 of my Pilsner with Briess undermodified malt. This time with Crystal to bitter and Spalt Select for flavor. I liked it better with all SS.

ForumRunner_20111231_173257.jpg

Im making a Porter with smoke malt but not neccesarily a smoked porter,Monday.Does that count? Ive just realized i havent technically made a porter yet.Think i decided on the Challenger hops/Kent goldings for it- thats what i did this morning try to figure out a recipe for a Porter- although i was thinking of a way to sub for a 2 hearted ale thinking carmunich and victory may sub Vienna malt maybe?.Good way to spend the last day of 2011.
Having a Schalfly APA.

jonmohno said:
Im making a Porter with smoke malt but not neccesarily a smoked porter,Monday.Does that count? Ive just realized i havent technically made a porter yet.Think i decided on the Challenger hops/Kent goldings for it- thats what i did this morning try to figure out a recipe.Good way to spend the last day of 2011.
Having a Schalfly APA.

How much smoked malt? I used a pound, and it's not like Schlenkerla smoke, but very pronounced.

Well for scaling a 5 gallon batch,roughly 1/2 pound breiss smoked cherrywood(like it). I Plan on oaking it with Light american oak chips.Im shure ill do a full on smoked porter at some point. I dont want to muddle it too much with some of the other malts i used like golden naked oats.

Woodinville wiskey...i just wish i could drink a pint of it without waking up in a strange place with hookers.

hA. !Ill skip the wisky,it cost me a good friend and a very very bad night.Its not like this but ever seen the movie Very bad things? It even has hookers in it.A situation with good intentions with a horrible outcome. Mine didnt involve actual death,but death of a good friendship.

Back