What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm drinking a Bell's Octoberfest and I gotta say, pretty disappointing. Grainy, but not with the deep complex maltiness I'd expect. Head retention is essentially nil. Drank the first three last night by the glass; I'm finishing this six pack out of the bottle with some pizza.

Was port brewing mongo,now Avery majarhaja..oh my goodness.its magically delicious. Now how do i make a 10.46%abv as good as this???!

I'm drinking a Bell's Octoberfest and I gotta say, pretty disappointing. Grainy, but not with the deep complex maltiness I'd expect. Head retention is essentially nil. Drank the first three last night by the glass; I'm finishing this six pack out of the bottle with some pizza.

I thought i was licking bottlecaps when i tried this.Other than the metal-fest it was pretty decent:mug:

Shipyard Pumpkinhead - down right wretched, tastes like they tried to infuse the flavor of the pie crust into the beer which just doesn't work. And Saranac IPA, not the best i've ever had, but damn if it isn't tasty!

Shipyard Pumpkinhead - down right wretched, tastes like they tried to infuse the flavor of the pie crust into the beer which just doesn't work. And Saranac IPA, not the best i've ever had, but damn if it isn't tasty!

I agree, but try shipyards smashed pumpkin, i thought pumpkinhead tasted like cola spice but without that it could have been a decent regular ale by itself.
pumpkinhead seems like a typical seasonal party beer for those trying something festive cheap and drinkable.Too cola y if you ask me.

I don't know about ya'll, but I'm drinkin a 100% American home brewed pale ale. Fresh from the tap.......

Cigar City Guava Grove. pretty good! kind of like a much better version of magic hat #9 ...much, much better. (yes, I realize they used guava and not the apricot flavor that MH uses).

Here I am just trying to get some work done and this little guy decides that he is tired of hanging out with his brothers and would rather be in my glass instead. All of a sudden, work doesn't seem so bad...

bbxxiiiwork.jpg

The last bottle of my scotch oaked cider. Im really enjoying it, but im sad its the last bottle. Definitely doing this one again, hopefully this weekend

Here I am just trying to get some work done and this little guy decides that he is tired of hanging out with his brothers and would rather be in my glass instead. All of a sudden, work doesn't seem so bad...

I got to try one of those while I was touring Glacier National Park. Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic.

Got my glass of Cantillon Zwanze 2011. Fruity, funky, and absolutely delicious. Also, Cantillon Iris 2007 and Zwanze 2010. The Iris was delicious, the previous Zwanze was tasty but not worththe hype. Also Bells Two-Hearted. Yum.

Had a Southern Tier Jah-va coffee stout for breakfast this morning. Mmm mmm good!
Now, I'm drinking Sam Adams Octoberfest...

Just finished my first glass of my Mocktoberfest and I'm pleasantly surprised. I did a single decoctionon a grain bill of roughly 60% Munich, 35%Pilsner and 5% carapils. I used Perle for bittering, Hallertaur and Tettnanger for late additions, but fermented it with Safale-04 at 61F internal temp.

Just brewed a caramel porter, enjoying a few sips of the wort I used for the hydrometer test, then opening my citrus IPA that just finished carbonating

Back