4 months - No Pellicle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good question. Maybe bubble wrap a couple up really good then a "priority mail box" from the post office?

Let me get this bottled up, carbbed, then we will set something up.

For shipping beer read the packaging and shipping sections of this article. You want to ship FedEx or UPS. It's illegal to ship alcohol via USPS, and it's more of a gray area with FedEx/UPS. I simply print a packaging label online and drop off my box at a shipment center, no questions asked, very easy.

Wait, I thought that Brett & bugs can eat lactose? I know they can eat Malto-D. Can someone chime in on whether they eat lactose just as easily?

Some strains of Brett/Lacto can, some can't. Chad Yakobson found that Brett C has the enzyme to break the bond, but that most of the Lambic strains B/L do not. No way to be sure without adding some and waiting.

Or have her put a spoonful of sugar in the glass before pouring it.

I like this method although I make a simple syrup to avoid foaming. I was also told once by a pro brewer that if your adding maltodextrin at any stage to give it at least 3 months before bottling.

Back