• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Auto sparge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbucket

Reaction score
I have an autosparge that I bought used but never used it. I would love to trade for a stir plate setup or sell for $30 plus shipping. My only concern is getting to the post office before Friday.

image-3619989211.jpg

Sorry sold....but..it operates alot like the valve system in your toilet. The metal ball floats on the Mash and when the level drops to a set level opens a valve and allows more sparge water to enter the mash tun. Needs a gravity feed system and I built a 1 tier 2 pump system. I can control flow via the valves.

oldbucket said:
Sorry sold....but..it operates alot like the valve system in your toilet. The metal ball floats on the Mash and when the level drops to a set level opens a valve and allows more sparge water to enter the mash tun. Needs a gravity feed system and I built a 1 tier 2 pump system. I can control flow via the valves.

Wait, so this won't work with a pump system?

Agreed! It will work. It just controls the input to the mash tun by closing of the valve that is part of this setup until the liquid volume drops. I just did not want to use it.

Latest posts

Back