Weldless Single Tier?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravelingBrewer22

Reaction score
So, I'm looking to build my single tier for recently acquired and cut keggles. I'm not a welder, I dont know any welders, and I dont have the $ to buy one and learn to weld. But, I've been tossing around the idea in my mind for a weldless single tier stand using threaded steel pipe. If I use 2" steel piping and join everything I'm thinking it should hold up well enough and be a bit more portable if necessary. However,

Will it cost more to build?
Will it work?

Thanks!

don't forget just because you cant weld what u want doesn't mean it cant be held together with nuts and bolts! just drill holes and put the bolts through.

don't forget just because you cant weld what u want doesn't mean it cant be held together with nuts and bolts! just drill holes and put the bolts through.

exactly. If you have access to a drill press and a cutoff saw, you can still use steel if you'd like. Just bolt it together. make some triangles to make your joints, and bolt them to your legs/top.

I built a single tier stand using old metal bed frames and self drilling screws. Worked great and was less than $40. My buddy scored a welder and beefed it up for me, but it was just as sturdy without welds.

Back