What would you serve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
As you guys prob know, President Obama has invited professor Gates and sergeant Crowley to the White House for a beer to smooth over the hulabalu over saying police had "acted stupidly" and implying that racial profiling was a factor in the arrest.
So what I'm wondering is, if you were Mr. Obama, what would you serve these two fine gentelmen? If it were me, I'd serve up some black and tans for the sake irony.

the cop should get a coors light. after they found that it was his home, it should of ended. regardless of how much trash he talked to the cop. freedom of speech in ones own home should be the trump card. Would be cool to know what kinda beer the W.H. kitchen has stocked up. bet its swill,but ya never know.

I would probably just send everyone back home and have the president kick it solo with a new brew I thought up called, No Comment Pils.

"No Comment Pils, something to stick in your mouth in place of that foot! Mmm, enjoy a No Comment Pils today!" :D

I'd like to see Obama serve malt liquor by the forty (no glasses) and see if the Prof. calls him out on it.

Get the hell out of my house cracker - witbier
**** you it's my job - stout
I shouldn't be weighing in on a minor local matter because I'm the president - berliner weiss

Consider those beer names copywritten.

I just heard on Fox (yeah, for what thats worth..)

Sgt Crowley - Blue Moon
Prof Gates - Red Stripe
Pres Obama - Bud Light

Wonder if their discussion will be as bland as their beer..

It's official the beer list is out....

48360075.jpg

The Pres-Bud Light (gag)
The Professor- Red Stripe (little better)
The Cop- Blue moon. (giggle-the cop likes a girly beer:D )

Professor Gates, Police Sgt. Crowley set for Obama's 'beer summit' - Los Angeles Times

Me personally would either go for the pseudo-wit or the redsrtipe.

I wonder which conservative pundit is going to now call Qbama un American for not choosing a domestic product, like sam adams, over a foreign owned beer like budweiser.:D

Like it or not, the President's beer choice is important. It doesn't really matter what his personal preference is. I imagine he didn't even make the selection himself. Bud Light is not only the most popular beer in America, it's popular across all ethnicities and socioeconomic statuses.

I do agree though with the earlier poster who suggested Sam Adams. It's a popular enough beer that everyone would recognize it and it comes from an American-owned brewery. If Yeungling or Anchor Steam were as widely available, I think they would also make great options.

Like it or not, the President's beer choice is important. It doesn't really matter what his personal preference is. I imagine he didn't even make the selection himself. Bud Light is not only the most popular beer in America, it's popular across all ethnicities and socioeconomic statuses.

I do agree though with the earlier poster who suggested Sam Adams. It's a popular enough beer that everyone would recognize it and it comes from an American-owned brewery. If Yeungling or Anchor Steam were as widely available, I think they would also make great options.

But the joke is that Bud is no longer American owned....It's been a holding by inbev for the last year or so.

But the joke is that Bud is no longer American owned....It's been a holding by inbev for the last year or so.

"American owned" doesn't mean what it used to. These days, it means something that was maybe American at some point and spends a lot of time advertising Americans doing American activities without using words that sound foreign in any way (unless to malign those foreigners). Bud is an American beer. Pay no attention to the hoity-toity Dutch that own it. Just like my mom's Ford built in Mexico is an American car. Much better than those evil Japanese at Toyta that employ half my wife's family up in Indiana.

"American owned" doesn't mean what it used to. These days, it means something that was maybe American at some point and spends a lot of time advertising Americans doing American activities without using words that sound foreign in any way (unless to malign those foreigners). Bud is an American beer. Pay no attention to the hoity-toity Dutch that own it. Just like my mom's Ford built in Mexico is an American car. Much better than those evil Japanese at Toyta that employ half my wife's family up in Indiana.

yup... we get compressors where i work that have big stickers that say this compressor was assembled completely in the USA

so i guess you can look at a glance and feel like you're stimulating the amreican economy. But in reality, all we did was weld together chinese crap.

and just to not go off topic.... i was disgusted by the beer list when i heard it.

I'd send both of these assbags packin, and instead invite over some REAL victims of the "militarization of mayberry". Hell, even if he just invited over the folks who had their dogs shot and killed when local SWAT jerkoffs hit the wrong house, he could fill the WH ballroom. But no...some black dude was wrongly arrested and subsequently released with no charges, and it's a national issue. Suck it. Everyone, suck it. The fact that this nonsense is getting national headlines, while this is not, should make everyone in this country hang their heads in collective shame.

Oh my god...I TOLD you, someone would say something about the Non American Beers being served right now.

Blue Moon Beer the Right Choice for the White House? – While we are a 100% politics-free publication, we’ve got a lot of pride in our president and our beer. To help ease the racially-charged tensions between Henry Louis Gates Jr. and Sgt. James Crowley, President Obama invited the two for a beer at the White House. Obama served his guests the options of Blue Moon White Ale, Budweiser and Red Stripe. What is peculiar about these choices? None of them are produced by wholly U.S.-owned breweries. Blue Moon is produced by Coors, under shared ownership of SABMiller in the UK. Budweiser is produced by Anheuser-Busch InBev, a company based in Belgium after its recent purchase. Red Stripe is produced by Desnoes & Geddes, based in Kingston, Jamaica.

So what would be the best choice of brews to share with the President’s guests? We submit Samuel Adams, brewed by Boston Beer Company, the largest 100% American-owned brewery in the United States. While the quality of Sam Adams beer is respected by beer lovers (and brewers) throughout the world, the brand carries a lot of symbolism in the American Spirit. What started out as a true underdog has become the largest in the United States, additionally igniting a new wave of microbrews and craft breweries in the U.S. Sam Adams led a revolution in the beer world, taking it to the big dogs and coming out the winner. To us, that sounds like a truly American story. Take this as a message to the White House chef– drink American!

LOL!!I so know human nature.....

Though isn't technically Lienenkugels now the oldest AMERICAN owned brewery in this country?

Back