Pilot gas line for Brutus with natural gas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datamike

Reaction score
I am constructing a single-tier system that runs on natural gas. What kind of flexible line should I use for the pilots on the HLT and the MLT?

Thanks!

Michael

It's not good practice to use copper with natural gas. Find some aluminum tubing and compression fittings. The sulfur/egg smell the gas co. puts in w/ natural gas reacts with the copper and causes corrosion and flakes getting into orifices.

It's not good practice to use copper with natural gas. Find some aluminum tubing and compression fittings. The sulfur/egg smell the gas co. puts in w/ natural gas reacts with the copper and causes corrosion and flakes getting into orifices.

I've read that before. Which is why they use the aluminum tubing for water heater pilots, yes?

Actually, I'm using LP, but the same pilots on my burners. Those burners should come with 1/4" compression fittings, actually.

Back