2013 Homebrewing Resolutions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- Build a Coffin Keezer
- Brew at LEAST once a month
- Build fermentation chamber for Lagers
- Build a Single Tier setup
- READ AND POST input on many more new threads to come!

There's been SO many threads this year full of new idea's. I can't wait to see what all homebrewers post in 2013.

Only started in November...

3 x5 gallon extract batches completed this year.....

Just got a kegerator and a march pump for Christmas!

- get a pipeline going... Waiting is killing me and I am having to buy beer!
- convert my Sanke's
- build a single tier structure
- organize the garage so I can have 1 bay for brewing!
- brew at least 12 batches in 2013
- Step into All Grain
- make deception stout

2013 Goals
-Brew as many gallons as possible
-Brew a mead
-Continue brewing sessionable beers
-Get homebrew club established
-Continue in beer/brewing education
-Experiment with sours and extended aging
-Don't let all the beer stuff get in the way of family time.

Find a good location, finish TTB and ABC paperwork, finish gaining funding, brew special opening day batch (next month, pumpkin pie barleywine aged in charred bourbon barrel), etc, etc, etc...

Here's my list of goals for the year:
  1. Continue brewing a new batch of beer every two weeks, cycling between stouts, ales, and reds. There's still a lot I need to learn, and brewing a lot is the only way to do it.
  2. Develop and perfect one 'house' recipe in each of these styles which I can keep in rotation throughout the year.
  3. Learn more about gluten-free beers, and figure out how to brew enough cider in two months to last all year.
  4. Find ways to increase the efficiency on my current 5-gallon system.
  5. Carbonation and Clarity - there's something here I'm missing, and I need to figure out what it is.
  6. Join one of the local HB clubs, and enter some of my beers into local competitions. I'm pretty proud of the beers I've made so far, but I know the feedback from competitive judging would help me to make them even better.
  7. Price out a single-tier brewing system to allow me to upgrade to 10-gallon batches by the end of the year. Electronic controls will help keep these batches consistent.
  8. Research the OLCC regulations and license requirements that would allow me to actually start selling the beer I make.
  9. With the increased brewing capacity will come increased storage and serving needs. Invest in a kegging setup and build myself a 4-6 tap kegerator.

I just started brewing a few months ago and just bought an all grain setup.

-brew at least once a week on average
-master the basics of brewing
-brew enough beer so I'm not buying beer from the store anymore

Brew better,easier,a little bigger/more. At a good slow pace. Small keg/new stuff-nothing major. Considering makeing a 5 gallon batch since I have a 6.5 gallon bottle bucket now. Made my way from 1-1.5 to 2.5 so far.All stove top BIAB. Maybe having a 5 gallon top off batch in the future,sounds easy to use some priming drops from a 5 gallon bottle bucket.

1. Brew 1-2 times per month. May be hard with new baby.
2. Increase efficiency with new mash tun.
3. Make a beer for the wife that she likes.
4. Continue building recipes in search of my house ale
5. Build fermentation chamber since I lost my chest freezer to breast milk.
6. Brew 2 lagers.
7. Find location for hop plants and get them planted this year. (Have a few options. I have a cabin that I will be at atleast 2 times per month in the summer. He second would the 80 acres of hunting land in the UP but I won't be there very much. The third is either the family farm and hour and a half away or my uncles house down the road.)
8. Brew better beer.
9. Get more friends into brewing.

Dial in a house APA recipe
Brew a big beer (1.075+)
Enter a competition to get feedback on improvements
Take better notes on brew day

1. I'm gonna brew more beer than last year, which shouldn't be hard since I only brewed like 20 gallons last year.

2. I'm gonna brew my first partial mash with my brother (though unfortunately that also hinges on him)

3. I'm gonna brew 1 gallon all grain batches which leads to 4

4. I'm gonna brew Christmas Presents for my family

Back