What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter came back to visit us, she's been working (& living of course) in Germany now for about two years. She brought back a couple of jems and this was one of them:

Never actually had a Diebels, any good?

I know they are one of the best brewing institutes in Germany though.

A little of this while blasting proper Halloween tunes and bottling my Nelson Sauvin Saison

ForumRunner_20131031_194634.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChlW283_33s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I want to stay away from crowd sourcing if at all possible. I'm not against it if someone wants to go that route, but it's not something we want to do if we can avoid it. If we do buy the building, it will be a long road ahead as I'll be doing nearly all the work myself. I'm sure we'll have merch online well before we start brewing. ;) I wish that was true. You didn't talk to the guy. He's only 60, but he's from a different generation. He said he's firm and he means it. He's not even really interested in selling it, sounded like he's retiring soon and has ideas for it. It's possible he'd take a few thousand less than he's asking, but there's now way he'll come down more than 5 and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't do that. Thanks for all the well wishing guys. I'm freakin stressed out. The plan was to lease a space, not to buy, but this one has so much going for it. I was pretty much planning to not doing anything until after market season next year, kill myself through the summer, and then by next september have the cash to get everything all at once. This would be a whole different ball of wax. My wife has talked about getting a 2nd full time nursing job so I could work full time on remodeling etc. I hate the idea because I know it will damn near kill her, I've worked more than 80hrs every week and she was pretty close between the farm and nursing last year and it's not healthy and very hard to maintain for months or longer. Gah.

View attachment 157340

Brown saison here. Glad I threw out the rest of it. Anyone know if a brewery has started using a lot of crystal hops for something or did the price just jump because grower's pulled so much acreage? My buddy who brews for work told me that the fancy stuff is going to drop in price, but the older varieties are all going to go up because growers have pulled up so much of the latter to plant the former.

Good call. Much respect for the foresight to save up more than you think you need. Few people plan ahead well enough. I think that is the reason that the majority of businesses fail in their first year.

New guy here, just got the app so no pic. I saw this thread had the most posts so I creeped on all u drunks:) Just stirring the pot haha, I drink more than I probably should but can't resist the lure of good beer. I surly will b consuming my fare share with you all, but I have to ask what r the benefits of a membership other than an avatar?

Too many HB's tonight to post and shared a Heady with the old man(BMC drinker that was amazed). Is there anything better than the buzz from HB?

New guy here, just got the app so no pic. I saw this thread had the most posts so I creeped on all u drunks:) Just stirring the pot haha, I drink more than I probably should but can't resist the lure of good beer. I surly will b consuming my fare share with you all, but I have to ask what r the benefits of a membership other than an avatar?

You can upload pics through the app without having to link to another host. Not that I have paid, but you help support the site, too. ;) You also don't have to see ads and get access to the debate forum and several other.

Hey Nizzle, this guy spells like you do!

Congrats on your first post being in the alchy thread and you're username.

You can upload pics through the app without having to link to another host. Not that I have paid, but you help support the site, too. ;) You also don't have to see ads and get access to the debate forum and several other.

Hey Nizzle, this guy spells like you do!

Congrats on your first post being in the alchy thread and you're username.

well shucks we might be related :p

DrunkleJon said:
Just pass mine through a warm room thank you.

Same here. Like my grandfather always said, "They overcooked him when they branded him."

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
The dregs of my Nelson Sauvin saison after bottling. Having fun with my new "cold activated" bottle caps. Yes , I know Im a dork :D

I saw those today while looking through the Williams Brewing catalog. I said to myself, who the hell would buy those?
Now I know. ;)

Back