Brewing Club - Washington DC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Edge

Reaction score
New guy here.

I've been looking around on the series of tubes (beertown.org, craigslist, google, here) and haven't been able to find a listing of a homebrew club in the city of Washington, DC.

Is anyone aware of an active club here, or does anyone else live here and are interested in doing some brewing?

I'm in the middle of brewing my second batch of beer (Cascade IPA) and as of yet I haven't found anyone with the level of giddy excitement I get on brew day. I also thought it would be useful to get the advice of an embattled veteran once in a while.

It's tough when your friends next to you are drinking $4 Miller Lites and have no idea why you are so excited that you just scammed a pint of 90 minute IPA for only one dollar more. :D

Well, as you can tell from my handle, I live just outside DC in the Virginia suburbs.

There are many resources for the homebrewer in our area. We have our own on-line HBS, Jay's Brewing. Jay used to operate store hours out of his basement, but sadly the zoning board in Fairfax has asked him to stop. He has complied, but still offers great selection and prices through his website, and will even save you on shipping by dropping the supplies off at your place! Please, think about patronizing his place in addition to the larger on-line homebrewing websites. It's worth it.

There are also a number of homebrewing clubs around here:

Northern Virginia Homebrew Club
BURP
Worthogs
Gaithersburg Area Brewers

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks for all of the information, and I apologize for not replying sooner. I will definitely be buying supplies from Jay's and will look into some of the local brew clubs. However, not owning a car can make traveling to suburbia difficult.

Back