Have you seen this monster?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyD

Reaction score
ALL in one system!
Williams_Warn_white.jpg

That's the one from New Zealand, right? We have a thread talking about it.

Basically the cost of beer in NZ is so high that this is actually a long term cost effective way of dealing with it for folks who want beer. From what I gleaned in the other thread, for the audience that this is aimed for, it's not about the dedicated hobbyist like we are, who are approaching it like an art or a science (or both) with the goal of making great beer.

For most of the folks who pay for that, they want to make beer quick and easily. They don't want to deal with all the stuff that we think adds more fun to the hobby, like diy, or adding hops or standing around a kettle dumping hops in. They basically want to dump in their ingredients, push a button, and have beer, that will be cheaper than what they can get commercially. And may or may not tastes as good.

But sometime, just sometimes ......would that not be fun? (But bloody expensive!) this "think" even OTHER people will understand and look at in awe. Have seen people just short of saying "eeeuuwe......." at the commen brew setup.

Basically the cost of beer in NZ is so high that this is actually a long term cost effective way of dealing with it for folks who want beer.

Really, I was just there last year and didn't think the beer was expensive at all. Are you talking bar price or home brewing costs?

They seamed to have a good beer culture going. Heck, in one place they even had Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere. The hops went to the US; then the beer back to NZ.

Really, I was just there last year and didn't think the beer was expensive at all. Are you talking bar price or home brewing costs?

They seamed to have a good beer culture going. Heck, in one place they even had Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere. The hops went to the US; then the beer back to NZ.

DOn't ask me, I was just passing on what I read in those other threads.

Back