Anyone on the west coast or midwest interested in a trade?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrookdaleBrew

Reaction score
I passed through Harrisburg, PA on my way to NY for thanksgiving this year and stopped at Troegs Brewing Company. I was able to pick up a case of Scratch 37 IPA.

Their scratch series beers are basically test batches that will likely never be brewed again. Here is the description from their website:

Scratch #37 is the beginning of a journey into hops. After brewing Citra of Brotherly Love and Fresh Hop Ale we decided to do a little hop market research and see what makes our collective tongue tingle.

Scratch #37 features Warrior and Cluster hops with a touch of Columbus. It pours a bright gold with a white cap and soft carbonation. Ripe fruits are present on the nose, and continue in the flavor giving a lush tropical, papaya-like flavor. This ample bitterness is offset by sweet Munich malt that lingers through each taste.

Enjoy our latest IPA foray, and stay tuned for future experiments in the style. Research has rarely been so rewarding.

Anyway, the point is, I've got a case of this stuff and while it is delicious, I'd love to do some trades with some of it and get some nice west coast/midwest beers that I can't find in my area. I figure since it's rare and only available at the brewery, some people might be interested. Of course, I'd also throw in a few of my homebrews with the trade (and you are welcome to return the favor.)

I'd really love to try Pliney or Blind Pig. I'd also love to try some good Three Floyds stuff. Really, I'm up for just about anything I can't get in my area, so if anyone is interested, reply in this thread.

I live in central WI, and can think of some beers you might like to try. Central Waters brewery has some mighty fine beer. What about a six or so commercial beer trade. home brews can be discussed. What styles tickle your fancy.

I can get you some Pliny for sure and Probably some Blind Pig. Just about any of the Russian River brews really. I could put together a nice West Coast pack for you if you were interested including a couple of my brews.

Latest posts

Back