Beersmith Volume Correction Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thevalkrye

Reaction score
Does Beersmith correct fluid volume for the temperature it is at?

For example if it says 14 quarts of water at 165ºF is that corrected for that temperature?

Just a question from my tired brain.

Let's try again.

If you measure out 14L of water at 50ºF at 165ºF that water will take up more space...about 14.3L

If Beersmith is asking for 14L at 165ºF and you measure out 14L at 50ºF then heat it up to 165ºF and use it your volume measurements will be off.

Since we are working with a range of different temperatures I was wondering if Beersmith takes that into it's calculations. Takes each measurement and it's temperature into consideration.

It seems like it does but I was just wondering if anybody knew for sure.

I might be stupid..but that avatar definitely isn't!!

I doubt that it takes that into account my guess is that the diffrence in volume is negligable and will not matter once the wort is cooled down to room temperature before you pitch your yeast

You are right it's not a huge difference...about .75L on a quick look at one of my recipes. I am just trying to understand the software and where the numbers it gives me come from.

Latest posts

Back