I'm addicted.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HokieBrewer

Reaction score
Not to alcohol hopefully:D but this hobby could definitely help in that department :tank:

I'm addicted to home-brewing already. With a background in culinary arts, and a longtime interest in beer, this is a hobby that I can see myself enjoying for a longggg time.

Fermenting right now is my first beer, an IPA recipe from Extreme Brewing, altered a little bit after reading other recipes and this forum. I tried my very hardest to screw everything up, and spent about two hours a few nights back checking to make sure it wasn't ruined. In a state of full panic, I read countless threads dealing with burnt extract, long cooling times, unsanitized stirring spoons. Every response was RDWHAHB. So I did just that (except it was a SN Anniversary...)

This morning, I look at the carboy. Two inches of krausen, and an airlock bubbling happily. The smell coming off it is heavenly. I had my roommate come check it out, and his facial reaction was priceless. "This smells amazing! Piney, citrusy... Wow!"

I'm already planning out my next three or so batches. I'm hooked.

-Ryan

its like a a puppy dog. The more you feed it the more it follows you. it is truly an addiction

If you lay in bed at night designing brew equipment in your head, and not sleeping, does it qualify as an addiction?:p

As a fellow Hokie ('00) all I've got to say is good luck! I can remember the good old days when I started brewing in Blacksburg. Just don't forget to go to class like I did and you'll be ok.

Back