gonna start keggin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty73741

Reaction score
So i know how to do a conversion i just want to know whats cheaper
A kit on the internet or buying the parts when i find a deal

& i want to be able to monitor & control my kegorator over the internet. I found a couple of resources. but i cant find a complete DIY. or how to.

anybody got any ideas.

I saw kegbot.org(i think) the wiki on it is not complete
I probally have a cam on it too
kegcam.com LOL

:tank:

if you buy parts when you get a deal it is defeinetly cheaper. But ou have to be patient.

I scored a Sanyo fridge on ebay for like 90 bucks shipped. Plus various other things like CO2 tank etc.

I was subscribed to the kegbot mailing lists, but I haven't received anything in probably a year, so I'm guessing not much gets posted there anymore.

I used to have a barcode scanner hooked up to my kegerator. It would tally up your drinks for the day and you could even graph your drinkers over a week, month, or year. It was fun to look at the tallies after a party to see how much everyone drank.

But since switching my kegerator to a two tap homebrew setup, I haven't tweaked the software to work with 2 taps instead of just one. I never thought about adding a camera. That'd be pretty cool to snap a picture every time a pint was pulled.

If you have a major soda Distrib. in the area, you can get used kegs for cheap(we are in the Coca Cola mainland)....I can get kegs from a town 20 min frommy house for about $25...

I didn' thave the patience to piece mine together. I' was willing to pay a little bit more to get what I wanted when I wanted it.

Do you have a LHBS? I bought online (midwesternsupply) before I found one of the HBS's in the area - they were cheaper by a few bucks (10-25$), and it was a huge benefit to have someone right there to ask all the questions that come racing to mind -

i know how to put it together. I just being frugal. I worked in restuants & opened a few so i know the concept.
& i have to agree computer engineers think anything with computers is kool. especially open source linux stuff LOL

so if figured out what to do for the web controller
I'm getting a house thermostate that has a dhcp server in it. that way i can monitor & change the temeperature remotely

Back