Copper Tube Source

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
Just had a new propane 'pig' set today, and he needed to couple-on just a bit more for length of the supply line. Then it hit me. I asked him about the copper and figured they buy in huge bulk. He said 'Yeah'. I told him I needed a bunch for brewing and if they would be a good source. He said to get with him when I figured out how much of what size(s) I would need.

I've never seen this source mentioned before and with copper prices skying and shipping of bulk metals a bit pricey, I think this is worth everybody checking locally before they just pay the big retail price or hunt and compete for copper thru E-bay....

I still need chiller and recirc coils, and I'm thinking this may be be an enjoyable purchase.

im a havc contractor in mn and i think some times the big box stores are cheaper than our dealers because of the time and the amount of copper they move, i think that sometimes the big stores have a delay in cost changes.

just an idea,

Nick

nicksteck said:
I'm a havc contractor in mn and i think some times the big box stores are cheaper than our dealers because of the time and the amount of copper they move, i think that sometimes the big stores have a delay in cost changes.

just an idea,

Nick
(Hey, where'd that 'Off Subject' smiley go?)
I used to be in the DC low voltage electrical trade, and I found out that a lot of times you can get a better price on stuff (say from Granger Electric) by telling them you're a nobody off the street, than you can by trying to use your company discount. It all has to do with the contract that your particular company negotiated with them. Sometimes the specialty places like Granger had lower prices than we thought. I assume this is true with plumbing places too.

Back